OTP's paid for the game so they can play how they want. But so did I

This argument is tossed around a lot when people get bring up the onetrick arguments. I’m going to extend the OTP argument to the one role argument too. Mainly DPS players who refuse to swap and instead would just rather play 4-5 DPS comps and lose. That is what quickplay is for.

Yes, these players paid for the game but so did the people who do not want to play like that in a ranked experience. Instead of catering towards the cooperative players, here we are 3 years later where one player can essentially dictate how the rest of the team can play. People are tired of flexing because the system now allows OTP’s or one role players to abuse the players who are willing to cooperate to win.

My main account, which has sat around 3.8-4.1K SR for basically 2.5 years is down almost 1k SR this season. Why? Because atleast half of my games have been 4-5 DPS comps that really have no shot at winning. I’m legitimately not kidding. I keep track of the comps that my teams run and the quality of games on a spreadsheet. This game isn’t fun not because of the balance, it isn’t fun because the matchmaking and a large part of the player base isn’t built for what the game needs.

I’m glad you paid $40 for the game and therefore refuse to swap. I paid $40 for the game too. I would like my games not to be a DPS one trick, DPS only smurf accounts, and uncooperative players raging at each riddle nightmare.

26 Likes

LFG, use it.
I will play what I like, thanks.
Group with friends.
I paid for it, its mine, I can do what I like.

25 Likes

And you can play however you want as well. You just can’t force other players to play the way you want too. If what you want is not available, then tough luck.

8 Likes

Oh so your having a go at people playing what they like, yet you buy more accounts and almost do the same. mmmmmm thanks.

13 Likes

ah yes, just use LFG.

Great argument when you can’t have larger than a 3 stack in GM

LFG doesn’t work and you shouldn’t have to use LFG to get a decent matchmade game

12 Likes

That sounds like a 1% of the player base problem.

8 Likes

How are you in GM and getting 5-6 dps comps

I figured by then people would stop that lol

3 Likes

it never stops. If you get pulled into a top 500 game you probably won’t but low GM is pretty trash in terms of people wanting to cooperate

Watching quite a few GM streamers, it doesn’t seem to be a common problem.

10 Likes

take that up with blizzard.

People wanted it, it was bought in, now people don’t want it.

Mate what would you like to happen.

You have multi accounts to play different roles on, yet you whinge about one tricks and game quality, its you that creates this.

I have one main account, gold with 5 stars, been here since s4, not once have I wanted to buy a new account, I use it for everything (this is my sons account as I am forum banned till 3019 pmsl), I flex on it, I one trick some days, I do what I like due to I bought it.

5 Likes

I have two accounts that I play the same roles on.

For them to not put 4-5 people who play the same roles on the same team while the other team gets a good team comp. Most of the games are won or lost before the select hero’s screen pops up and the game to game variation is unacceptable and has been for years

3 Likes

Would you mind sharing it? I’m always curious about these kinds of efforts players make.

2 Likes

i think the catch here is… you’re trying to dictate what others play… meanwhile they’re playing what they want to play, not really forcing others to adapt intentionally.

Though, if you don’t adapt to selfish players like that, you risk losing. Kind of a weird situation all around.

1 Like

Here’s your problem. The person paid $40 for the game and will play it how they choose. You also paid to play this game, but that doesn’t mean you get to choose how others play.

9 Likes

mate mate you are trying to tell blizzard to screw over their cow?

they dont wanna fix smurfs’ problem
they dont wanna add role lock for this issue
they dont wanna do anything
dont try m8 all you gonna get are arguments thats gonna make you lose all your brain cells

1 Like

i hate to tell you but 4 dps is the literal meta i have no idea why this guy is getting so butthurt over it

4 Likes

on first point attack on hybrid sure, everywhere else it is not the meta

I can send you an older one I’ve been keeping the past few seasons on paper

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RCQt_r2C1P2hl5R3TwRruVfShfJsFod_zcFtTbanmrs/edit?usp=sharing

it’s largely subjective but I still think it is useful to keep track.

Nope, because you have players in GM that genuinely think they are the best at their role and wont swap for someone else because obvious other people are worse.

Sometimes you get 4 of those kinds of people on your team.

1 Like

If that person is unwilling to switch then build a team around them, that’s all you can do if you want to try to win. Funny thing is forcing 2/2/2 and role queue will make OTP even stronger…

There’s tools at your disposal to make teams. You have this forum, LFG, discord or staying in a group via in game.

1 Like

Sounds nice but it wont happen.
DPS is one of the easiest to sr lvl, people are not going to give up that to make good team comps.
If they got rid of PBSR and made it a even win/loss sr then that would change the comps to something decent.
You cant make it that certain roles are getting better sr then others, its not fair on people who know that a decent team comp is needed but prefer to chase that SR in order to SR lvl.
Blizzard has made it like this, it is not really the people playing the dps and 4-5 dpsing in a match, its the crapshow sr system that creates this.

5 Likes