Hi whoever may see this,
I’ve thought a little bit about Orisa and how she works and I’ve come up with an idea for you to test out or perhaps look into…
In regards to her Fortify ability, it is useful as it is, but my idea was to instead change it from a cooldown ability to more of an ability that uses a Resource Meter.
Currently when she uses it she is definitely very tanky and slow (which is the point), but the ability is also Orisa’s only means of escape in certain situations.
Of course she is pretty much fine as she is, but it is rather difficult to get out of situations say, if your whole team happens to die all around you.
My idea was:
- Changed cooldown ability to resource meter.
- Speed slightly increased.
- Lowered Damage Reduction to make up for the increased speed. (Optional)
- Still able to avoid Crowd Control Abilities. (Earth Shatter, Mei’s Ult, Doomfist Punch. Etc…)
- You hold it down and after about 4 seconds it depletes.
- It takes an extra 2 seconds for it to start charging again (to prevent people abusing constantly tapping the button)
- During recharge, cant use it until it is past half way. (After using the entire charge)
A small bar such as DVA’s would probably be most ideal for this idea.
I believe these ideas would force Orisa players to be more aware of their surroundings and make Fortify a much more skillful ability.
Thanks for your time.