Orisa is too hard too take down

Orisa is not even top 3 in terms of tanks. Zarya is hard meta and DVA is meta when you cannot play Zarya and I cannot think of a single time or reason I would ever go Orisa. What does she do that is good? She is not particularly good at damage, she has zero mobility, a terrible ultimate, and without her CDs she is very vulnerable with her spin being very easy to get around. Basically her only utility is spear and that is simply not enough to make up for everything else.

2 Likes

Damn I wish that were me. Unfortunately my healers as of late like to go play DPS instead so when I try to go aggro I proceed to get baleeted instantly.

…lawnmower mode knocking people off ledges/environmental hazards is THE best thing though.

Just cause you win with her dosent mean shes good. I have a 80% wr on doom and everyone agress he is pretty much the worst tank in the game rn

1 Like

Orisa is very tanky yes, either a well timed anti-nade and/or keeping her perma-discorded will usually do the job. Alternatively, just play defensively while one of your dps tries to kill the backline, maybe push while the supports are peeling for each other and arent focused on healing Orisa.

Sounds like enemy supports doing their job

2 Likes

Thats like her only strength, but then you have Zarya that is also immortal but does 2x her damage, can actually protect her teammates in a valuable way plus have the strongest ultimate in the game…

I for one think Orisa needs a bit of help both on her game-flow and ultimate, heres what i would do: (shameless plug time :skull: )

Did you try going for the supports in those 3 minutes?

2 Likes

have you considered shooting her supports instead of her

2 Likes

Kill the healers first

2 Likes

Steps to win against Orisa:

1. Pick Sojourn
  2. Use Orisa as a charged shot battery and kill her team

That’s it. Picking Hog or Orisa into Sojourn will basically kill your own team.

1 Like

zarya? yes. orisa? not so much.

1 Like

Shoot the healers first? Personally, I’m fine with a gameplay loop of “character can’t die because supports are healing them” as long as the supports are killable.

Tanks should be cycling their defenses to not die, but we all know how weird people get on here when it comes to tanky tanks.

I swear when I’m playing Tracer and Orisa uses her gold, it’s like shooting a mountain with gummy bears and I can’t do anything! :sob:

Bearing in mind I sound like a daedric prince, so I tend to get what I want c;

Depends on your playtime. I’m an Orisa main. xD

1 Like

Orisa is so much fun now and yeah I think she can be pretty strong when played right (like most of the other tanks)

When I hear this though, all I can think is “then you should target the supports first!”

There are many good flankers and even snipers/poke heroes who can pluck off Orisa’s backline. The map and the enemy support’s positioning may determine which damage will be more effective but either way, if you can’t melt Orisa faster than she is healed then it sounds like targeting the support would be a far more valuable option.

Seriously - that is exactly what I said to myself earlier. Someone mentioned that tanks lost their strategic gameplay and my first thought was about how some of them gained more options/freedom at the cost of it.

I love playing Orisa and feeling like I can use javelin to counter a dive/ability or disrupt a Pharah/sniper. Juggling that tool with the spinning javelin just gives me a lot of stuff to “play” with. Junker Queen may be feeling weak to most but design wise it feels similar - she has a lot of flexible tools and weapons she can use from one skirmish to the next.

I like that direction a lot more than feeling like I have to just sit and ‘wait’ to pop my defensive cooldowns (even though I used to love the idea of a defensive orisa). Winston doing aerial shots while diving down, Rein charging in and canceling to bop the backline aggressively – it feels fun to have flexible tools to make space with.

Yes, very much so and I love that her voicelines highlight this now. She went from holding hands to delivering claps and she won’t have any of your nonsense :joy:

tank battles are a thing of the past. bury it.

forget tank. go for squishys. non mobile ones

Orisa has a weird dynamic with the other tanks. She goes kinda even with rein and generally loses to dva and zarya. However against df, jq and RH she bullies them.

She can stop dooms punch with spear or gold armor and stop his block with spear. Backed up by an Ana and zen df struggles hard, not to mention her base armor and gold armor just makes her tankier. Her defensive options are just better and her spear makes dooms punch look like a joke.

Jq thing is getting the team to push up. Orisa doesn’t care and pushes back. She can block the knife or resist the pull and bleed really doesn’t bother her. Jq ult is actually the best counter to Orisa granted there isn’t a kiriko. Not to mention getting a 5man with that ult can make jq super tanky and allow a solid dive onto supports.

Roadhog gets bullies. He’s already feast or famine but Orisa really pushes him towards famine. With proper management Orisa can stop a pull on herself and an ally getting pulled can be saved with a spear. Honestly, just wait his pull out and light him up on a miss. His heal can easily be canceled with a spear as well. I normally love playing df but since hog can bully df I swap to orisa to bully back. Honestly hogs best option is to bait out spear and hook a healer or push past orisa.

Orisa is fine and can hold her own against any tank, she just bullies the lower ones.

Never. It’s been 6 years and people still haven’t learned that the win condition to every fight is kill the supports first. They’ll never learn.

I’m astonished that the dev team has not done any tweaking to orisa. she dominates every game she is in, if they have even semi competent supports.

She’s not overtuned at all. Anyone that struggles with a orisa is straight up not taking advantage of her head hitbox or ignoring the pocketing supports.