Opinions on Alec and the rest of the balance team?

The beta was peak Overwatch. But everything that the beta stood for - increasing lethality, faster and more frequent team fights, less reliance on counters - it was all destroyed within 6 or so months after release.

More like cut the golden goose don’t have any long term vision do silly things for a few years drain the playerbase.

Then the game dies or is abandoned to maintenance.

They were losing players constantly before that.

2 Likes

And the early signs of a death spiral already showing, only a year in… lol

It took tf2 about 2 years after matchmaking to get this bad

Ya season 2 was the turning point it’s been a mess since then

1 Like

What golden goose?

The game was in full decline between 2019 and 2022. OWL is dead. That YouTube exclusivity deal is dead.

And they are making a ton more money with a cash shop than they did with lootboxes.

When they realized that they were losing support players and had to rebalance before it killed them?

1 Like

New parent company, and they won’t issue new budgets till probably late January. Then they really get cooking.

And they have been gaining players, (from the financial reports)

Copeium is addictive and bad for your health…

Microsoft is just as bad as activision… they literally do these mergers because think it magically gives their reputation a clean slate.

They will let overwatch fail… use it as an excuse to dismantke them and absorb their licenses

That’s a ridiculous statement.

Cause you stopped releasing content for a pve you were never working on.

Owl was dead from launch cause of the franchise system and.no organic growth.

We have zero proof for this first quarter sells was 100 mill last year much with release hype watchpoint scam bundle, bp and shop.

I think le serafim was successful but others I don’t think so.

They had to but in a proper way, all they did was make annoying stuff worse, how tough would it have been to reduce antinnade effects on tank alone the same patch they did for sleep.

Reduce aoe heals like bap regen .

So many stuff…

The issue was genji sombra were meta then you nerf them wait see what happens, but typical style they nerf those two and buff supports.

You must be a console player. Or have little understanding of the pc world

The recycling of content and reworks are part of the F2P experience so players and content creators have something new to talk about and show

The stupid issue with such things as the matchmaking, it comes from executive instructions.

Thats all related to money and shareholders.

Alec and the rest are just employees following up.,

Yeah, because that “golden goose” you’re referring to wasn’t making enough money.

I’ve been a business analyst for the last 10 years for Fortune 500 companies.

I think I know a little bit about how businesses work.

Nah… just its development costs far exceeded its profitability…

Its hilarious they basically claimed incompetence was the reason they couldn’t deliver…

Because they couldn’t be honest and say “we dont think you guys wont throw enough money at it to make it worth our time”.

1 Like

No it was making money, it’s just they wanted to bleed it like fortnite success and ruined what they had every report alluded to ow pulling it’s wait for blizzard i think close to billion a year even in its later years.

Well part of it was profitability.

But another large part was them tightening their belts for 3-4 years because of the merger stuff.

And Bobby just trying to maximize his stock payout, while sacrificing the longevity of the company

88% of all digital videogame revenue was microtransactions in 2020.

If they aren’t tapping into that, then they are putting themselves are a huge financial loss.