Open queue now official

tanks and supports are inexistant, earlier today i was on 2 matches with 5 dps and I as the only healer… its a clown fiesta…

At least people can stop complaining about it now. The vast vast minority of people who actually prefer open queue can play it now :slight_smile:

I’m pretty much going to use the mode to exclusively practice DPS, since tank/support are my strongest roles

I see nothing about open queue than even remotely resembles a “clown fiesta”

I have seen far too many 5 and 6 dps teams easily beat teams with more “balanced” compositions to ever believe that there is anything wrong with such team compositions

but that said…I only see 4+ dps in role-less queue in roughly 1 in 12 matches

3 Likes

in my 10 placements matches 6 were 4+ dps, and even nobody tried to win, it was like a QPC but with SR…

1 Like

Actually it’s mainly to lower RQ DPS queue times, which it probably will.

1 Like

Been very much looking forward to it. This season is probably the least I’ve played competitive in a while because I was just waiting for open queue. Happy to get to flex again!

3 Likes

…you should assume that people that play arcade don’t have a competitive mindset. Or you do you think things like “comp deathmatch,” are taken seriously.

And no, I didn’t even know open queue existed the first time around until it was too late. Because I haven’t checked the arcade in about three years.

How do you know it wasn’t played? Because Jeff released a chart with data from one day? lol. I played it quite a bit recently, and found all my games about 100 times faster than when I play 2-2-2 RQ.

I’m really looking foward to not having to play this “hold your hand” 2-2-2 mode anymore.

2 Likes

I said it before, it would be really interesting to see how things change.
Second, I don’t think we see a lot of variance across multiple days or even weeks.

I’m not against opene queue, I’m all for it, but I will not touch it, the clown fiesta I endured as a support main is not something I want to repeat.
What I’m against is balancing for open queue.

I regularly see this derisive term used in reference to role-less queue game modes by those who prefer 222, but I have seen nothing in role-less queue matches I have played in or watched for years that imo could be accurately described using this inflammatory term

I played a lot of comp around gold and mid plat.
It was a clown fiesta. The sheer amount of toxicity was beyond crazy.

Playing DPS? You can do it, but you will end up with 2 more DPS at least and if you speak in voice you will get attacked

3DPS+ was the standard
Tanks and/or supports switching of their role to DPS because “DPS aren’t doing anything, I can do it better” was normal too.

Even when you started with 2-2-2 you normally didn’t end the match with 2-2-2

Fighting over every little mistake.

Teamplay slowly dying till everyone did what they want, becasue they know it better. Comp had more in common with deathmatch as with actual OW

This was going on for a long time on EU till 2-2-2 hits.

This was not only my experience, there were countless threads about this problem, on general aswell competitive subforum

1 Like

And then you have the same clown fiesta but with longer queues, inability to switch roles mid match, more stale metas and more OTPs than ever.

Yep, we are all playing the same game here, we know what happens when you change the tag on the same dog.

People can make a mountain out of a grain of sand and selective memory helps overexaggerate issues a lot. Ive played Comp from gold to Diamond and the vast majority of matches were either 222 or close to it (for some minutes triple DPS, etc).

Just because someone cries the wolves are coming, doesnt mean there are actually multiple wolves or even any danger at all :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Discrediting the experience not only of me, but many other people and calling them cry wolf just shows how narrow minded you are

I know many people who made a similar experience, even in GM/Top500 Streams. Yes, even Streamers complained about this problem.

2-2-2 is a lot better in many ways than pre 2-2-2 was. Again something that is shared by many people and Streamers alike

It certainly does for at least that day.

1 Like

You know I can literally say the same exact thing to “validate” the opposite right?
Like the countless threads of people regretting 222 and even people leaving the game in massive numbers etc.

Most of the streamers in fact HATE 222 because to them brings nothing but longer queues, less “uptime” etc so yeah no, that argument is invalid :man_shrugging:

This doesn’t invalid my arguments at all

I can acknowledge that some people didn’t experience it as harsh as others
EU was hell and US was in comparison candy and rainbows, still US had a lot of problems.
Sadly I don’t how the Korean experience was

I see pretty much all these in 222 modes as well…and I see far more toxicity in 222 matches than in role-less queue matches

I dont see more than 2 dps as problem whatsoever, as I have seen 3+ dps teams (including 6dps) win many many many times, even over 222 teams

Many support and tank mains dislike 3+ DPS. Solo healing and tanking is not fun for them.
Doesn’t matter if +3DPS wins

The only support player who likes +3DPS seems to be mercy mains :man_shrugging:

Like I said:

it speaks only to usage

I for example dislike 222, but I will play it at times, often for the bribe.

My playing said match indicates usage, not preference/popularity

1 Like

many support players, myself included, have openly stated our preference for role-less queue on these forums and other discussion sites

as a result, I see many supports (and tanks) other than myself in role-less queue matches, to the point that I only see 4+ dps in roughly one in twelve matches

1 Like

Very happy. More end of season comp point rewards for me!