Only two legendary skins?

So you let kids think they are getting presents on Christmas and let them get fooled on Christmas day rather than letting them down gently before.

How about trying to communicate it first instead of constantly letting people down.

9 Likes

What an absurd thing to say.

1 Like

I have to agree here. I read it and think, “several years?”. At this point and level of disappointment, one should probably just stop playing. Balance and skins are subjective and there won’t be any gameplay content, as they’ve always emphasized, until OW2.

4 Likes

Only two legendary skins were released today but we will probably have a full blog page with 13 paragraphs talking about the “design”, “inspiration” and “meaning” of those skins. That is what the community has always wanted in the last 3 years, right? We’re not even counting the comics or the maps for the well-known “core gameplay mode” Deathmatch. Don’t get me wrong, I love the passion shown in those posts or drops of content but it’s not the kind of content we want to know details about in the current state of the game.

I greatly appreciate the effort of the CMs, they are not to blame for aspects that really come from above. Nobody questions the love that many people in Team 4 have for Overwatch but it is also time to improve in aspects that can really be in better shape and that may require changes in the people who feel that love.

We could start by resuming the “Development updates” that the former game director did, recorded in a professional studio with significant information (And not announcements of an announcement like one published in the previous year, please) about the state of development for the community. We’d love to know in detail what’s really going on with the game we love so much. Finding out about Blizzard’s response to the rare number of legendary event skins through a communication to a media outlet is apparently not the best way.

6 Likes

This is what I’ve been telling people for so long.

“Valorant just got 83 new heroes and Overwatch got NONE!” Yeah we know. You’ll get new heroes when Overwatch 2 comes out. Go play Valorant.

well that’s me done, didn’t even have to play a game this event. ggwp all.

https://imgur.com/a/dnZhb2E

8 Likes

Oof, what kind of cold-hearted stance is that? “I only care about the end product, everyone and everything else connected to it is irrelevant” is a pretty horrifying version of capitalism. Only good things can come from also being considerate to the people involved in making the product you consume.

That doesn’t excuse them selling you a faulty product of course. But they shouldn’t be treated or talked to as if they are “irrelevant” either. That’s messed up.

4 Likes

This is the straw that broke the camel’s back. Something so simple as skins are making people not want to play this game. Imagine how simple it would have been to fix it too. Insane.

4 Likes

Honestly. I think we’re lucky getting anything.

1 Like

Honestly, I found that Reinhardt ult though wall bug that Muda found really embarrassing to be overlooked.

edit in case you missed it

No joke, I’ve literally used the 2017 Junkrat (Firework) and 2017 Reinhardt (Wujing) skins almost non-stop since they were released… because none of the skins they’ve gotten since have as awesome.

This also means I’ve been wearing the same skins for the past 5 years.
The Lunar skins have always been pretty vibrant and cool. So to be getting fewer of them than usual is just frustrating.

I really like the Hog voice line. Voice lines were really nice for this event

is this a new innovation announced by Mike Ybarra? What’s next? Archive only one Legendary skin? Or maybe for NFT?

3 years without new stuff and you tell us about hard work? What work? Blizzard kill this game…

9 Likes

Which is pretty much nothing too us. Too bad that we just don’t care anymore a year too little too late.

Yes, but so is the vision of late capitalism. Guy wasn’t trying to sound cold-hearted. That’s just the truth about most consumers. People already got their own problems. Reality hurts.

1 Like

The problem though is that in addition to zero new content being released, even skin content is being withheld now, and still the only thing we are told is, we can’t say anything.

When we have more news about how HR is covering up scandels than news about game play information, and all we are getting told is more reasons to hate Blizzard and nothing to look forward. Remaining positive isn’t the hard part, at some point you just angry from all sides.

Its no longer about waiting for a game that you love from a company that you love and trust, its waiting for a game that you love that is being held hostage by a company that you hate so you know that the problem isn’t that the team needs more time to make the game good, its caring more about share holders than caring about the opinion of its own player base. Those share holders aren’t going to save your game, we are, and we deserve to be the number 1 priority to you, not them.

But go on and have more secret meetings about how to save the game, thats great, how about you tell us how the game is going to be saved for once.

14 Likes

I feel bad for Andy. 90% of his work is doing damage control and he cant talk about positive news about future content releases.

4 Likes

As currently unknown state from OW2, an roadmap and public changelog/reviews/what developers are working would be interesting.

You can do an Trello card, then make it public so people will have some idea what is currently in development progress, what is done.

Or devs don’t work with that tools (project management tool) like Trello?

2 Likes

Fortune 500 companies put out deadlines all the time I’ve worked for 3 of them I’m sorry but I’m not buying the wait around the water fountain :fountain: excuse anymore.

2 Likes

I feel him though.

Literally doing the same my workplace but with packages…

If I leave, 90% of Packages will be late in Houston for likely a few months.