Only two legendary skins?

Aren’t we all brother.

3 Likes

You’ve mentioned when the patch was published that the development team are monitoring the feedback of the patch. Is there any update on that?

2 Likes

This, again is why I mention this:

And why it’s super important.

Instead of us having to scratch our chins and guess why seemingly nonsensical buffs were given to heroes like Hanzo and Cassidy.

4 Likes

What an absolute waste of an event.
A sad explanation for a lack of a proper update, when you can’t even deliver as many skins as usual.
No new heroes. No new maps of significance. Less skins than regular.
I swear, ever since OW2 was announced, Blizzard has really dropped the ball on maintaining the regular game.

Honestly, you can keep many of us distracted with shiny objects, and when you can’t even deliver THOSE…

And with the certainty that Total Mayhem will be a random thing at best during the next three weeks, my ONLY motivation to show up at all will be to collect the few skins offered before I log off again.
Ugh.

9 Likes

Well, before it was more sneaky and less blatant but yeah.

1 Like

That’s not a small thing to ask at this point in the game’s life. When issues remain unaddressed for years and some get worse as recent as last patch, it’s hard to presume otherwise.

I’ve been a Blizzard fan since the company was called Silicon & Synapse, Rock’n’Roll Racing had a huge impact in my cultural life (those 5 songs!), but the well is dry, I’ll believe there’s care when care is shown instead of promised.

12 Likes

Tbh I don’t mind the Hanzo one cause it makes him feel more like his classic self minus the guaranteed one shots.

CaptainPlanet shared some stats with us internally. I’ve not had the bandwidth to prioritize chasing down if we can share it publicly or not. I’ll try to ask about that this week.

5 Likes

Like no real disrespect to the current situation as developers. It really does suck, but when you get news of a new IP and your boss stating the games are in DIRE need of content. What will happen when its revealed you’re doing the opposite? sunshine and rainbows, trust and shilling???

Please man don’t turn into one of those who wrote that.

And no we don’t want to see some dumb article were you guys pat urself in the back.

How does Blizzard manage to lower the bar everytime just when people think atleast ok we get new skins you manage to even take that down to new lows.

Not even Microsoft can save you guys from yourself.

25 Likes

I bet the devs feel the same even though they can’t say it. Surely no one working on the game is happy pushing out events they know are sub-par. They must have known this event would receive a thrashing in the community…

So it’s just a situation where no one seems happy. Not the players, not the devs. Not anyone. Somewhat awkward.

3 Likes

Okay, thank you :slight_smile:

And im glad for this Mercy change too. I hope that if the Grapple change remains then Hammond gets a visual timer on screen though.

It doesn’t matter who’s fault it is really.

What matters is that nothing is changing for good.

2 Likes

“The skins team is hard at work on new content, with more legendary skins…”
With all due respect and I LOVE and APPRECIATE the work you and Jodie put in, please understand that:

Skins are NOT content. They are COSMETICS. They do not add to our gameplay, enhance it or make it worse in any shape or form. Content is new maps, heroes, modes in competitive and quickplay rotation.

Please, if you can in anyway, ask the developers or anyone responsible to COMMUNICATE to the community about what is going on, where is this game going, etc it would highly appreciate it. This is ridiculously that we’ve been told time and time again “We will communicate this year, you will just have to wait and see, you will be hearing more from us.” Only to get absolutely nothing.

This is not your fault at all but I am hoping you’ll be someone that can at least listen to me and redirect these feelings of despair and loss of faith to the developers that this isn’t how you approach saving the game, nor is just overwhelming the game with skins, please, we would trade all that for a new hero, more frequent balance patches, the OW2 PVP beta, just anything where it changes our gameplay. Please. Enough is enough, we, as a community, have bared with the silence for far too long. Have respect for us that we also have the right to know.

That content creator call is now beginning to seem really confusing, just what were they even shown that made them go “Ah yes, this is the year of OW” only for it to start off on such a ridiculously sour note. I just want what is best for the game, as do you, but this has me very scared and I have never ever been so let down by a game and I’ve played Marvel’s Avengers and even THAT game has put out more ACTUAL GAMEPLAY content than Overwatch has in the past 3 years.

I really appreciate your time to read this, in no means was this ill-willed, just an expression of my feelings of frustration and sadness that my favorite game has just turned into a land of ghosted promises and whispers of a seemingly nonexistent future.

17 Likes

For the past 2 years, the player base has accepted fewer and fewer updates. Especially with the pandemic. However I think it’s time to accept the truth that development has been impacted more by the workplace allegations, strikes and loss of talent as a result of said allegations. This event is the result of this and a smaller team and fewer hours to work on the skins. If this is the only event, it might be taken on the chin.

But updates need to come and like today. Otherwise you will end up losing your current player base. Even saying OW2 in Q1 2023 is better than this.

6 Likes

This might mean something if you guys hadn’t been saying the same thing for the last two years.

18 Likes

Yeah. This has been a constant mindset with the company over the years across all of their games and from what I’ve seen it hasn’t ever been well received.

Perhaps maybe a conversation should be had for being less ambiguous? Not saying tell all what might be coming but find something small that is concreate to talk about here and there more often?

This just seems to be a highly questionable play with well recent events/information for the game and company itself. I know this isn’t anything you have control over and have no choice yet to remain vague with your responses regarding anything.

So with that have a good day.

3 Likes

They may be important internally to you. But to your consumer they are not and they shouldn’t be. The only thing that matters to your consumer is the product.

If you checked into a hotel and the room was a mess with dirty sheets from the last guest and hair all over the bathroom. Would you care that the housekeeper is a really caring person and just accept the filth? Of course you wouldn’t, you’d demand it be fixed or be given another room. And most likely expect a free room night. Because the level of caring from the team doesn’t matter if you are stuck with a filthy room.

So no, it doesn’t matter and it shouldn’t. It would be unacceptable in any other consumer relationship and it is unacceptable in this one.

18 Likes

I agree but at the same time, if you truly want change, you need to leave the game and stop giving them playtime metrics and your money. Blizzard isn’t here to be your friend. They’ll keep churning out the same way as long as people keep supporting them. Corporate talk is all you’ll find here.

1 Like

Let me guess they actually would like to say.
“We run out of skins we prepared before in past years, managed to scrap two more at least in the end”
But i guess i dont really care at this point so what ev, i highly doubt this game will produce anything anymore that really catch my interest, no amount of hype for bright future you guys try to pull off will not change my view.
I still think OW2 is 2 years away, unless they release early bugged down not finished version at this point, so dont expect that its reason for lack of skins.
Unless they decided to make only pay to get skins now and try to reduce those, but that just means its even worse than we expect it.

1 Like