Only queueing for RQ quickplay: my experience

This is my experience of playing late night quickplay, the role queue variant. (I played it because i needed to get bap’s achievements and I’m not sure if RQ classic works. Tell me if RQ Classic works, btw.) And likely the more uncommon variant because healer queues took a whopping 8 minutes at the shortest, and my longest queue was double that at 16. I had a couple 2-6 minute queues, but they were for games in progress. Most of my classic queues are around 30-90 seconds.

I expected things to be a lot less toxic. Because in theory everyone was playing who they wanted to play, but nope. Also, I didn’t even get to play who I wanted to play after a 14 minute long queue. I asked the other guy who picked bap if I could and he said in chat. ‘f u muted’ and that was it. People said GG more often, and I saw less hate directed towards enemies, but teammates fighting was still common.

People also didn’t play very seriously? Which I don’t understand, because this mode is theoretically made so you can like, practice for comp. I had a rein who was insistent on flanking and no one ever listened to callouts or requests to group up. It’s actually pretty frustrating.

I’m happy I had this experience, but only because now I know I’m going to just stick to QP classic.

I believe Blizzard doesn’t like players who can carry too much in QP/arcade modes.
Yesterday I waited 16 minutes to join a game as dps. It was a backfill game with 3 seconds left.

Couple of things…

QP is not meant as a comp practice…though by all means treat it like that if you like (the best comp practice…is comp)

There are try hardship in all game modes…QP tends to have the most because as you said some think it’s supposed to be more serious (it’s just “not comp”)

And you CAN get achievements in QP Classic…this was a very recent change

When did they let you get achievements in qp classic? I didn’t hear about this.

It does now.

Don’t touch RQ QP ever again. You’re welcome.

3 Likes

Never did to begin with, however post below yours by Nibelung confirmed however that some time is was added as a feature.

I think this is wrong by intent by developers. I’ve said it before and I’ll keep agreeing with it, as soon as they made the choice to enforce casual meta (2/2/2) onto QP, it became very clear Blizzards goal was to bridge the gap between casual and competitive, and they did this by making QP more competitive by nature. It’s unfortunate however, because not everyone who queues from RQ-QP plays it seriously. Some still play it like its QP Classic. So really its a mode that works for close to no one, IMO.

not going to try to convince you to care about role queue, but a couple things to keep in mind:

1. an 8 minute queue for support is an extreme outlier unless you’re just in an unpopulated region. Even now, the estimations are all ~2min, and more commonly support hovers around ~2-4min.
  2. if you only do something a small # of times you’re bound to have an extreme experience, like being flamed by unusually angry teammates or having a throwing rein. a very small sample size is one of the worst ways to judge something that can have so much variance. for example, it would be just as valid for me to play two super unlucky games of qpc and post about how it’s nothing but 4dps with one of them dancing in spawn or something.