“only mercy mains liked mass rez”

am i the only one that feels like this is a super false claim? i’ve had conversations with countless dps mains (mostly started by them in games when im playing mercy) where they say they thought mass rez was a more fun time in the game’s life and that it made the game a lot more thrilling.

:thinking: idk i just always see people on here saying mercy mains were the only ones that liked mass rez when in reality ive heard plenty of people in my games say they miss it or thought it made games a lot more fun and challenging.

38 Likes

And i had conversations with countless players of every category saying Rez should be deleted from the game completely.

32 Likes

Mass Rez was healthy in the sense that it discouraged Ult spam (and therefore could prevent snowballing), and unhealthy in that it encouraged some less-than-beneficial gameplay behaviors (i.e. die on point as a strategy rather than a fallback).

I think, speaking as a DPS-and-sometimes-tank main, Mass Rez would have been perfectly okay if they made changes to it like LOS checks, small cast time, etc, etc.

Super false? IDK. But false, yes. People from all categories both liked and disliked Mass Rez

38 Likes

me too! i agree with that. its a stupid weight on mercy’s kit and they could make her a lot more interesting by giving her a new ability

1 Like

I think either way you spin it it was obviously a very split opinion across the fanbase, and if Blizz brings it back they’d have to be very careful.

IMHO I think removing Rez is the best way to go. Mass Rez was too controversial and tempo is too strong as an ability.

But I would like to TRY Mass Rez again at the very least. I do think it had potential to work.

4 Likes

i think she’s really well balanced where she’s at right now so she’ll probably get put to the side for a bit, but if they ever come back to her like they did with symm i agree with you that they should try bringing it back with like an overhaul of revisions, or just remove the ability and give her something new

hi! i main mercy. i didn’t like her mass rez. i prefer individual rez because it makes her a lot more purposeful, and her ult is quite fun now

6 Likes

I’ve had conversations with players of all character types who have both favoured and disliked the ability.

Plenty of different opinions out there. It’s hard to tell how any of them are genuine or just parroting someone else.

1 Like

People claim it to be however it fits their current agenda. Thats it and doesnt really have to do with DPS, Tank or Supmain. I think mass-rez could have worked if they tried and would have been easier to balance. The devs went with the rework and we all know the aftermath is still quite bad. Otherwise everyone has to decide for themself about mass-rez being good or bad.

2 Likes

Ana/Sombra main here.

MultiRez Mercy was better.

10 Likes

I’m not really sure how a single rez is more purposeful than a mutli-person rez. Would you care to elaborate? Also since I’m here, I’d like to try and understand what people find fun about Valkyrie currently, because I just don’t see it.

6 Likes

Can’t speak for anyone else, but I HATED it. It was just frustrating after getting a nice quad-kill.

Even when mass res was the ult, 80% of res is used to res up 2-3 people to continue momentum. Single res on CD accomplishes the same thing but better because you usually lose momentum when enemy get the first pick. You don’t need to decide whether or not to use your ult to res the first pick or wait for more people to die. The cost is lowered because the cost is now just a CD instead of an ult.

Its ad hominem at the very least.

Hi. Mercy main here. I agree, this is a false claim. I don’t like mass rez. Valk is way more interactive (but weak atm).

The only thing that hacks me off about mass rez situation is that blizz didnt even try adding LoS/cast time to it iirc, they went straight for the rework and then started playing around with it. Maybe we would still be where we are but at least all routes were tested.

So theres a situation that was completely untested and that angers people as it may have been the best solution. Adding LoS and/or cast time.

Mass rez was a fantastic addition to the game separating it from the standard medic stuff but it was broken. The only reason it became broken is because blizz screwed sr up and supports were getting less, so when they buffed that and people realised max sr was correlated to good ults it inspired a whole bunch of hide and rez.

Mass rez was not broken, I repeat, not broken at launch. It became broken other time, why? Broken Sr.

A healing Mercy running out of the point when an ult came only to go back afterwards and rez was not bs hide and rez, thats literally what everyone does now on any char. The joke hide n rez was sitting on nepal rooftops waiting for people to die which would have been fixed with - you guessed it - LoS.

2 Likes

I honestly see two mob mentalities to both sides. DPS players/14 year olds wanting to keep a support hero nerfed because they dont wanna bother finding or killing a Mercy first while Mercy players genuinly want their hero back but attack anyone who gives anything but old rez back.

You can’t win in this war.

I would kinda agree with this, but she stands still for 2 seconds making herself a glowing target

Hmm… If we can both damage/heal boost at the same time during Valkyrie it would be more impactful to use

You died. Accept that you have made a mistake and wait for respawn. Rez just makes the game less fun.