Only 5 heroes that are bottom 10 pickrate all ranks (PC)

pharah and bastion were played quite a bit in world cup

pharah has just historically never been relevant in ladder even when she was a strong pick (dive, goats, double shield)
it’s hard to buff pharah, who’s actually very meta atm, just because people are unwilling to play her

Pharah is fine where she is. She’ll naturally get better and better as we get more and more heroes who can fly. I can’t wait to see how Echo works.

Sombra could use some work, but could also use some more counter-play. She’s a hero I think will get better as time goes on and more mechanics are added to the game. What she’s really waiting for is a hero or two who have some sort of “status cleanse” ability that itself (in some cases) cannot be hacked and turned off. Once someone gets something like that, Sombra can see some real improvements since being hacked will suddenly have a fix that’s just a swap away.

Swapping heroes shouldn’t always be the answer, but in some cases it can be an answer.

Symmetra still needs to figure out who she is. Is she a mobility-support or is she an area denial DPS? She’s still trying to be both, and she’s failing pretty hard. The worst part is that she’s close. I feel she just needs a tiny bit more focus. Basically either lose the teleporter (nobody uses it anyway) and give some more area denial somehow or lose the turrets and double down on mobility by giving her an actual movement ability.

Torbjorn either needs the CD on his turret reduced a bit, or he needs his M1 fire rate increased. He’s far slower than McCree in spite of having a much worse gun. Buff his M1 from 0.6 seconds per shot to McCree’s 0.4 with the same 18 shots per reload. People should fear his M1 in the hands of someone who knows how to use it. Instead, he surrenders 50% damage by fire-rate to a hitscan hero. Making his M1 feel good to use (it currently doesn’t) is important considering his turret decreases in value the higher in rank he goes.

Bastion

IMO, Bastion simply doesn’t work the way he’s designed. He’s got the same problem Widowmaker does. Way too much of his kit budget is locked up in sentry mode.

I would give him a partial rework and reverse his ult and his shift. Make the immobile turret form into his ultimate ability where he can afford enough survivability to do his job since the whole thing is on a pretty hard timer, and turn his shift into a fast, evasive, hull-down, fire-support mode.

The moment using his abilities isn’t a binary choice between committing suicide and breaking the game, he’ll see more use at all ranks.

For bastion I would do the following:

[Shift] Tank Mode: Change into a tank. While in tank mode Bastion moves 30% faster, and can use his Main Battle Cannon but cannot self repair. Changing back into recon mode puts tank mode into a six second cooldown.

[M1] Main Battle Cannon: 60 impact damage + 60 explosion damage w/ 3m radius. 1 shot clip with an auto-loader. Bastion’s tank mode’s MBC loads rounds individually and can fire once every second.

[Q] Sentry Mode: Change into a reinforced turret. While in Sentry Mode Bastion cannot move, and can use his Gatling gun. Additionally, while in Sentry Mode Bastion’s armor is increased by 200 points (to 200 health, 300 armor). Additionally, he gains 200 temporary armor that cannot be restored with healing. Sentry Mode lasts for 12 seconds and changing back to recon mode is nearly instant unless he overheats his gun. Sentry mode cannot be ended early. Ironclad is removed from the game because the added armor serves the same purpose.

[M1] Gattling Gun: Just like current sentry mode gun except replace the clip with a heat meter. If his gun overheats his ultimate immediately ends. Sentry Mode bastion otherwise has unlimited ammo for the duration and only needs to manage heat. Overheating his gun plays a 1.5 second “overheated animation” which is punishment for failing the heat management minigame.

TLDR: Pharah is fine, Sombra is fine. Both will get better as the game gets more mature. Sym needs to pick a role and torb needs his M1 buffed. Bastion needs his modes swapped so tank is shift and turret is Q.

It’s not difficult to understand, because it’s an elementary schoolers view of how polls and sample sizes work, all wrapped up in a horrible analogy.

My luck in life, it’s only missing Tracer.

Delete the first 4 and buff the later. The kits the first 4 have will always ve oppressive or op at lower ranks which clearly blizzard cares too much about and they said they have no plans for reworks. Just get rid of them. I Truthfully think the game would be better off without bastion,pharah, Symm and Sombra.

Haha, I’m sure you would know a lot about that. Don’t bother replying, I don’t have time for your crap.

I see your understanding of public forums matches your understanding of statistics.

Spoiler alert: it doesn’t work like that. If you want someone to stop calling you out on your poorly thought out ideas and analogies, you should either stop posting them or put more then 30 seconds of thought into it before posting.

Delete them all.

I’d miss Sombra but that’s a small price to play to get rid of so many unfun heroes.

That’s a good one. Less than a 1% pickrate and less than .5% pickrate in Master and GM. It just screams viable.

Haha, I’m sure you would know a lot about that. Don’t bother replying, I don’t have time for your crap.

thats like Ruckus from paladins. he is a niche pick himself in ranked but is closer to what bastion should be imo

Great suggestions here! I’m surprised by the amount of feedback (and the debate about how sampling works lol)

Which invalidates your claim more than the person you’re responding to.

Oops?

Leads to the trash compactor post in that thread which features all these heroes except pharah & sym xD

Mei Escaped the F-teir… for now.

They got rid of this for a reason. Bastion melted heroes way too fast and almost instantly got tank mode within the first 10-30 seconds of a round.

I’ve learned that pick rates don’t matter in the end.

Pharah needs some of her splash damage back, and maybe a small part of her HP changed to Armor or regen shields. I read in another thread about a suggestion to have the ability to cancel Barrage like one would cancel high noon. I really like that idea. Other than that, she’s in a good state because Sigma is a good synergistic hero for her as well as a huge counter to her.

Bastion needs no changes except maybe a movement speed buff in recon mode. The nerf to his heal-shot during ultimate has made him more balanced when considering the spread buff he got prior to that.

One of Torb’s firing modes (primary or secondary) needs to be Hitscan. At launch or in beta, his shotgun was Hitscan, but that was oppressive when the game was in its infancy and nobody knew how to play well. Other than that, he’s pretty well balanced despite being punished for needing to reposition the turret. He just isn’t popular right now despite being an okay answer to the current meta roster. His gun kinda sucks and needs to be looked at.

Sym needs +1 turret (in stock, not necessarily deployable), and +50 max hp. She is the ONLY close range brawler type hero without 250 life. I also think that her balls should pass through barriers again, but explode on contact with enemy heroes. She may also need more ammo to compensate for her damage rebalance because when she was reworked into Sym 3.0, they upped her damage but reduced her ammo count. I think 75-85 ammo would be good enough.

Sombra needs a mandatory tutorial before being allowed to play her. Players of all ranks using her stay invisible for far too long. Or she should have a “hacker” passive that lets any team who selects her have the option of using two Sombra. Maybe revert the removal of the 0.1 second “forgiveness” timer when breaking LOS during hacks. It sucks when DF can uppercut midhack to stop it from occurring, because DF should be crippled by Sombra due to the matchup heavily favoring her.

No it doesn’t and please don’t waste my time if you can’t understand the concept behind what I’m saying. Talk to the other time wasting dude about it. Have a little party or something.

Do you have evidence of this, or that being the reasoning?

No, no you do not.

Because that was not the reasoning.
The “Reason” They got rid of Bastion’s ability to headshot, was mob mentality.

I think each of this 5 heroes have a “Gimmick” to them which needs to be nerfed before the rest of their kit can be buffed