Omg! Do the devs not play widowmaker?!

It’s not a can/can’t issue, it’s who has the advantage. It’s always possible.

Meanwhile you see Widow being a constant pick in OWL.

2 Likes

Exactly. Why snipe with Widow when you can snipe with Hanzo and have almost no weaknesses?

1 Like

How many sonic arrows at a super fast rate? =P

because sniping with WM is still easier with higher precision.
tell me it’s not true…

1 Like

November 15, 2016 Patch

• Minimum explosion damage has been increased by 13%. Minimum explosion knockback has been decreased to 0%.
  • Lift increased by 35%.

Hovering was made more agile, and even more so with the global air-based physics change.

incorrect.

Widowmaker is the second best DPS right now if pickrates say anything just because nothing can really challenge her in this meta except Hanzo… but I rarely will challenge a widow at long range.

Here is what happens when a two Hanzo players try to be snipers…
(Youtube)watch?v=Tz6WutuqXx0#t=7m42

2 Likes

Eh. Hanzo is very iffy. Hanzo’s ult is 10 folds better than a widow ult. Hanzo doesn’t have to charge with sonic arrow and hanzo’s arrows are like logs registering headshots the way it’s coded. Widow is forced to use her smg up close or SCOPE/charge with highly skilled aim, where as hanzo can continue doing what hanzo does. Widow takes way more skill.

2 Likes

Who needs precision when you have the sniper equivalent of fan the hammer?

1 Like

So she’s average? She has the expected pick rate of a DPS while also having the expected win rate of an aim intensive hero.

2 Likes

That’s a fair way of assessing it, I suppose.

She leads the garbage heroes, but brings up the rear for normal DPS. The normal DPS heroes have been knocked down a peg due to the introduction of a hard counter and everyone above her has shifted downwards, but she hasn’t been raised up in any sense of the word.

Her place has always been contingent on aim. Hanzo, on the other hand, has been raised up from his buff/Scatter rework.

Also for clarification, nothing I’ve said has been baseless or subjective;

Since Widowmaker’s damage buffs (before S3 started) the following balance changes were put into effect;

• Mercy adjusted to have invulnerability on Rez, then replaced with Valkyrie which increases her movespeed and self-healing, Single-Rez undoes opening pick severely limiting potential (even with it’s current nerfed state)
  • Bastion rework (Ironclad), healing on-the-move
  • Symmetra rework, all 250 HP heroes are now capable of surviving one-shot headshot with shield generator
  • Lucio aura rework, speed buff, wallriding changed so everyone gets an average higher speed when disconnecting from a wall
  • Roadhog healing on-the-move, and damage-taken reduced while healing buff
  • Pharah airspeed increased giving her better agility while hovering, rockets deal less knockback on making follow up shots easier, rockets deal more splash damage overall (minimum damage on the outside edge of splash damage has increased)
  • Soldier 19 damage per shot (current)
  • McCree, Deadeye lock-on time shortened, damage ramp changed
  • D.Va Micro Missiles added, raising her overall DPS in dive situations
  • Added barrier characters Brigitte, Orisa
  • Orisa’s barrier size increased, modified to block feet shots when deployed on platforms
  • Brigitte Rally, all heroes are now capable of surviving one-shot headshot with armor provided from Rally
  • Critbox sizes reduced for Winston
  • Critbox sizes reduced for Orisa
  • Critbox sizes reduced for Roadhog
  • Winston cooldown timer for barrier starts after he activates the ability, instead of after the barrier times-out and dissipates
  • Zarya Graviton now prevents Widowmaker’s grapple hook from being cast
  • Torbjorn turrets no longer a source of ultimate charge
  • Junkrat double mine, faster RIP-tire, gravity has less of an effect on RIP-tire
  • Buffed Sombra

Widow suffered heavily from power creep, whilst not getting any powercreep herself, for over a year. Grapple hook buff didn’t really contribute much at all considering the hook is a buggy hot mess, and the venom mine is still pretty much a throwaway ability.

She’s not meta. Every above her just got knocked down a peg or two. She stayed the same.

2 Likes

Yes! I 100% agree! I feel she needs a better kit for the team.

Like example: why cant the entire team see the enemy that was triggered by the venom trap?!

Stuff like that. She is completely a solo based character until she has her ult.

Even in her ult she should have shield piercing rounds.

Meanwhile I don’t get paid 100K to play videos games. I just want to have fun.

Would be great though.

All this garbage about people not being good enough with widowmaker and she’s magically the most picked dps cuz they dont want to look at game play mechanics. Its not a technical character, the hook is terribly buggy, her ult is near useless wallhax are crazy good in normal shooters sure but in overwatch it kinda meh basically it has a very low impact on the game for an ultimate ability, finally her E is useless. Orginally Hanzo beat her because his projectiles were insanely large, now he beats her because he FAR more mobile, shoots faster and over all just has a better kit. Please rework her Blizzard widow has but screw since basically launch. You can’t justify a character by say well the 0.1% of the community at the absolute top of the game can use her well so its fine, no thats just bad design.

2 Likes

Only problem I have with widowmaker, although her ultimate is good Hanzo has sonic arrow as an ability on a buffed cool down so I guess you can figure out where I’m going with this

1 Like

I completely agree!

But not only is the hook very buggy but it also has a long cd

Wha-wha? Brigitte counter Widow you say? Wha!
Widow can kill her at long range, Brigitte can’t. Oh Brig kill her at close range - if you allow Brigitte to reach you - you are doing something wrong. Widow have hook to quickly reach highground or some tricky places, while Brig have no mobility skills to keep up with her.
Brig can use shield to block shots - it takes 5 shots to break shield. She can recharge it - but she have to drop barrier and allow widow to land headshot. She can hide behind something and recharge - then Widow will zone Brigitte and won’t allow her to go certain spaces, looks like exactly what Widow should do

No no no. Not counter. But she can really help undo and counter what widow does.

#1 she can shield another teammate as a soldier or someone kills the widow.

#2 add so much shield and health to what she is trying to kill!

Armor- maybe. Oh wait, she can land 300 damage on headshot. Most of heroes have 200 hp. Then her repair pack is useless against good widow