Okay, so the Hamster

It does tho, because Brigitte made JPC. Hammond was a genetically altered hamster that wanted to escape.

Makes sense to me

“Realism”

• We have a genetically altered, peanut butter-addicted Gorilla
  • 2 brothers, one of witch is 90% robot, can summon giant floating dragons just by chanting a phrase in Japanese
  • a lava eating midget
  • A woman that can rewind or fast forward her own timeline
  • an explosive-proof maniac
  • a guy who can get incinerated by electricity and return just by turning into a black mist
  • a woman who LITERALLY sucks the life out of your cells.

Realism left the moment this game was thought of.

4 Likes

Lol hamterz rule! rawr XD
Seriously, this game is a meme. What better character to encourage people to play a tank effectively?

the hamster will crush all!

This character is jokey enough to ease us into Jetpack Cat.

Thank you very much.

Honestly the gameplay is good, but the lore is kinda getting crapped on. I think a hamster is more of something they can get away with instead of artistic vision.

Dude, I’m a huge science nerd who gets angry at very little details of sci-fi movies and games, but this is Overwatch, we have lots of things that are just SCI-FANTASY and not Sci-fi:

1. All healing is ridiculous :smiley:
  2. Double Dragons!
  3. Photons turning into solid matter without forming blackholes.
  4. Infinite ammo
  5. A girl who has a nuke in her mech, but she doesn’t get hurt by it’s explosion.

and last but not least:

1. Winston

dont understand why they keep releasing heroes when we have about half that are borderline not viable.

The point is that a silly little hamster doesn’t really fit with the rest of the cast

5 Likes

why do so many people suddenly care about realism in overwatch. let us have cute animals, please. this game was never that serious to begin with

2 Likes

I agree. WE NEED JET PACK CAT!

1 Like

I actually think that would be exactly right

You have the audacity to sit here and tell us you think a theory that makes tattoos come to life would be perfectly fine but a genetically modified hamster would be going to far out of realism when there’s already a modified gorilla in the game

3 Likes

My god, people are too dumb to even realize how it correlates or how its logical to be the next overwatch hero. So why is it a hamster? It’s a hamster because rodents are the most used specimen for animal testing in laboratories. Yes, in REAL LIFE. It makes the most sense for it to be a hamster, a rat or a guinea pig because they came from Lunar Colony and was extensively tested on for weird experiments like Winston. It is NOT RANDOM it actually makes sense. Hamsters are one of the most used species for animal testing, if its not obvious enough for you, look it up online.

But “REEEEEE I WANT JET PACK CAT!!!” As much as I love cats, that would make less sense scientifically, and a designer standpoint cause its too predictable and a hamster is an interesting addition I haven’t really seen much in games.

1 Like

Adding dragon chars was a tactical move to get weebs into the game.

Adding hamsters is a tactical move to get girls and people that adore cuteness into the game, their demographic isn’t high IQ it is based upon shallow superficial elements so it is a smart move in terms of money.

Then again “the cool cowboy” is to please the “badass” kids on the block so what would you expect from developers like this?

I’m just glad its not a monkey. I really didn’t want an even less likable diddy kong in a ball.

1 Like

So if you removed the hamster and only saw the rolling ball with guns?
So then lets say the ball is the character and the hamster is just like Bastions bird.

There I fixed it for everyone.

The people who want death and bad times in the colorful fun game can leave the people who like the characters and the parts of all the story that are not so serious.

I totally agree with you. Hamster in overwatch is STUPID!!!

2 Likes

The realism argument makes zero sense and y’all know it. It’s more plausible that people are feeling emasculated by the addition of a cute animal character.

I mean look at this

Better get used to it because it’s only gonna feel worse when said cute animal character whoops you with high-skill-cap movement/grapple abilities and knocks you off the map, or you genji ult into a minefield.

1 Like

What are you even talking about? Nothing about what I said has to do with options. It has to do with my preferences and my opinions. There is no option involved.

This is like the worst comparison. It’s like comparing this game to Star Wars that was created with a ton of different planets and races in mind.