Ok, this Community Flag system is flawed

The flag system is not a voting system. It doesn’t matter if 1000 people upvote a post that breaks the ToS or is a troll post. It is still marked to be removed for a reason.

1 Like

and how exactly did people know you are latino?..

2 Likes

:joy: Yeah okay. I’ve read hundreds of posts that didn’t violate anything and were hidden by community flag. None of what you just said reflects reality.

Everything I said reflects reality. Just because you saw some people abusing the system doesn’t make it acceptable, or normal, or some twisted reality.

But in OW, certain topics certainly dont become outdated because Blizzard hasnt done anything to fix them through the years. Such as the QP problem & the rigged matchmaking.

If Blizzard seperated those that play to win from those that basically throw matches, that’d be a start to the QP problem being fixed. If the matchmaking stopped being rigged, sorted everyone out in Tiers depending on which Portrait level they are, then losses would be natural & every match would at least be neck & neck(but no Overtime would also help QP & Arcade not be frustrating).

But no, after almost 5 years, these issues havent been fixed.

1 Like

They have done stuff. Firstly there’s no such thing as rigged matchmaking.

Additionally as far as throwing - it doesn’t really happen all that often. What most people, especially those here on the forum, call throwing is simply someone not playing up to their expectations. This game has a very diverse set of heroes and skills required to play those heroes, and people are at the same skill level as you for very different reasons. Some have better positioning. some have better mechanical aim. Some are better in certain aspects of game sense. Some are better at flexing for the team and picking the right heroes. You cannot accurately boil this down to a certain number, which is why you see people in your comp games at your SR who seem like they’re absolute trash. It’s because they were put into a match where their specific talents go underutilized - either the lack of teammates that work well together, or enemies that happen to counter them well.

And again, there is no rigged matchmaker. This is the reason that those many-year-old topics wont ever stop being outdated for you. It’s because you’re talking about issues that dont exist, and therefore will continue to be a problem to you. But as far as the real issue of creating teams that work better together, that was the entire goal of role queue.

Gottem’!

What if the threads automatically get a flair or something if they haven’t been active for a few months?

I mean, a month old post may still have relevance, but not a 3 year old one like you said.

Reviving a 3 year old post isn’t nice dude :heart_eyes: always feel feel free to share your thoughts and opinions in a new post, like this one!

No one likes necroing:// ask reddit or other game forums

Yes there is. The matchmaking isn’t fair at the slightest. I don’t even want to start on backfill always putting players on the losing team. The game decides when you’ll win. After one win or two, you’re on a forced losing streak. The matchmaking wasnt always like that, but its been a mess since that forced 50% winrate stuff.

That issue exists & its so obvious. Just play a few QP matches & try to get a win streak going. Or go play Team DeathMatch & try to get a win streak there. Im not talking about Comp, but the rigged matchmaking is definitely there too, and only DPS mains can power through it.

I was just in a few TDM games where the matchmaking kept pairing the same teams together. And here’s one way of how obvious the rigged matchmaking is, you lose to tryhards due to the crappy team you were with, but in the next match the teams are swapped a bit, you get to be on the tryhard team & win that easily.

Back to Comp real quick, if the matchmaking was fair, there wouldnt be any crappy teammates in Gold, that rank wouldnt be ELO H311.

Well no duh. People typically lose because they’re losing so of course the backfill is going to be the losing team.

Nope sorry. There is no mythical forced 50% winrate. This is somethign the forum-goers made up after misinterpreting a post by the devs ages and ages ago and coming up with conspiracy theories to explain why they’re actually a GM but stuck in gold.

As you win you get placed against better opponents and therefore your matches are harder. In some instances as you go on winstreaks you can be lucky and get carried and then the subsequent losing streaks are mostly a result of you playing at a level beyond your abilities, of course coupled with the fact that some games just have unfortunate team compositions and people who dont switch.

This doesn’t prove anything. You just have an anecdote where some players who are good at TDM win some more rounds at TDM. It’s likely that these people play heroes that are good at TDM, and are therefore going to on average do better than players who are not good at TDM but are considered overall the same skill level. I would be shocked if TDM had its own unique MMR.

Some time ago I said something harmless about gays, my post got deleted and I got silenced :roll_eyes:

There are things you better not to say haha :smiley:

Backfill shouldn’t be in the game period. Or it should at least be a setting.

There’s so many forum posts talking about how rigged the matchmaking is. You can act like the issue isn’t around, but it is. And if you’re a DPS main, its no wonder you doubt it because you win all the time.

And how can one team be good at TDM when the match wasnt even fair? If its a stack vs randoms, of course the stack wins, they have the advantage. It doesnt mean they’re good, it means they had it easy.

In fact, idk how you can doubt the rigged matchmaking when the game always puts stacks against randoms, no matter the match. Instead of only pairing stacks with each other. And before you say queue times would take long, it’d be alot better than a 6-Stack going up against randoms in QP, playing as if its Comp & basically win before the match even started.

It’s because they dont understand the complexity of the matchmaking. A large part of this is due to the high diversity of skill types. See my first post explaining why people think their teammates are always throwing.

It’s so insanely absurd to me how anyone believes the matchmaker is rigged. I’m really sorry that the forum users have fooled you into thinking it’s true but it’s complete nonsense.

If the matchmaking was so complex, then crappy teammates wouldn’t be around at all, or at best every team would have just 1 crappy teammate.

The game decides when a player can win. The matchmaking always lets a perdon win once or twice, but then put them on losing streaks.

There’s way too much evidence on that, and no evidence on the matchmaking being fair.

How can the forums fool me when Ive seen the rigged matchmaking first hand? One big example of it is playing Arcade & getting the 9 mandatory wins. You’ll get the first two just fine, but will be forced to lose so many times after. Especially if you have no choice but to play Total Mayhem or Mystery Heroes, winning in those modes is nothing but random chance.

You’ll never get a winstreak going if you play those, because 99% of the time you’re put on crappy teams, while the other side is perfect or worse, a 6-Stack.

The problem is that you dont understand how the matchmaking works.

AGAIN, please read my first post, because you obviously havent, or at least didnt understand it at all. Players cannot be represented as simple numbers. Its the reason why 12 players can all be in a 3000 SR match yet appear to have wildly different levels of skill. It’s because they’re all at 3000 SR for different reasons, and by random chance can end up with 5 other players who dont complement their skills well enough.

I routinely get win streaks in game modes like Mayhem all the time. I’ve literally gone entire days without losing a match. My entire replay history is filled with wins, overwriting wins that occurred prior to the ten it records.

You’re the one that just keeps ignoring what can be seen easily. Look at that bs where players queue in a match, only to see DEFEAT on screen. You call that fair matchmaking? If it was a rare thing, I wouldnt bring it up, but it happens way too much.

And you are definitely lucky af to get a winsteak in TM. Unless TM plays out alot differently on PC, there is no way you wouldve constantly won because you can never use the same pick in every TM match. You can go with McCree in one match & he whoops DF every time, but in the next one, a DF player is tryharding even more than the last one, so McCree’s flashbang isnt the solution there. Then there’s Winston, who completely breaks TM. Nothing stops TM Winston, especially when that player also has Ana, Sombra, Torb, DVA & Zarya, that team is a well oiled machine, while you’re stuck with garbage.

Backfilling into a defeat screen is unfortunate, but that’s not all that there is to matchmaking. But you have to consider there are scenarios where the matchmaker cannot know the outcome of the game by the time someone fills. If there’s still time on the clock and it takes the player a long time to load into the game, at which point the team won, that’s not something the matchmaker can predict.

Nope, I’m not. It’s not easily seen, it’s just that you see what you want it to. The ability for humans to incorrectly interpret data and try to relate/form patterns from unrelated data is astounding. There are actually a lot of very obvious answers to what players see, they just refuse to accept it because they’re not familiar with those concepts.

Not lucky, I’m just good at Mayhem because I play it a lot. I very consistently win matches and go on win streaks. I win many matches on attack as well. My winrate is probably close to 60%, if not higher. Just because you can’t win doesn’t mean others can’t as well. Stop blaming the matchmaker for being rigged and get better at the game.

If there was more to the matchmaking, we wouldn’t be having this discussion. The matchmaking is rigged to screw players over.

No other shooter has a rigged matchmaking system. In any other shooter, losses come naturally.

Total Mayhem is a tryhard, spam fest h311hole where the game decides who gets to win. There is no way you constantly won when players arent put on good teams all the time, and matches are always one-sided. And there certainly isn’t any skill in involved in TM as long as Winston alone breaks the mode, and most of the roster are trash in TM because they dont get benefited nearly as much as Winston or DF.

I’d like to see some proof of a win streak in TM of all things. You would have to be put on a good team, with the correct picks every single time, in order to constantly win.

Most shooters do not have the complexity of Overwatch. Game sense, positioning, and team composition play a much larger role in the outcome of the game than raw mechanical skill like you see in games like CS or CoD.

It is not rigged, you simply don’t understand it. That’s not to say it does a perfect job - nobody is saying that. But as a software developer I can tell you for certain that no developer thinks the way you’re suggesting. People do not rig their matchmakers like that. What you describe is the outcome of a very complex equation that simply doesn’t always pick a perfect team because it’s a set of heuristics written by a human based on too many factors to have consistently fair matches every time.

There’s plenty of skill involved, it’s just a very different set of skills from the main game because it plays very differently. Also Winston is not at all unstoppable. There are certain S-tier heroes and he’s one of them. But unstoppable? Nah. That’s just an excuse.

In most of the matches I play, both teams usually pick a fairly optimal set of heroes. You dont need perfectly correct picks every time. Just a few good ones will suffice.

These days I commonly play in a group of 3-4 which makes longer winstreaks much more common, but even while playing solo or duo I used to have well above a 50% winrate and won on attack all the time.