Ok i tried venture a couple of games and i give up

guess i never liked difficult heroes or something brand new. i hate that their range is so short and im still confused on all their abilities. i give up lol… after i died like 7 times one game i got frustrated

its pretty clunky and weird, doesnt tick with me. i guess i would have to play them 24/7 to understand it but man the queue times and the frustration on trying to learn just made me switch back to something i know

sombra lol… and widowmaker. they are like so easy for me and not foreign. maybe you cant teach an old dog new tricks.

gonna try again after this queue is up… im like on the 5 minute mark… sigh

That’s pretty funny. I snapped right in and felt immediately at home with them.

2 Likes

And there are already threads about killing Venture the same way the killed Illari cuz OP-

there was one game i had where a venture had potg with its ult but they lost. we kind of rolled them but their ult was pretty good. even got me far away as widow. 2 shot, it does a lot of damage

They take some getting used to for sure.

My buddies play hitscan and 1 loved them, but the other two hated them immediately. Venture is almost the baby of Genji and Reaper, but with a grab bag of other things thrown in. They’ve got a deceptively simple kit, and unlike Mauga, I think they’re gonna require experimentation, map knowledge, move cycling, and some specific enabling teammates to truly shine.

If they’re not your cup of tea, cool! But I’d say no one’s judging you, no one’s watching, and if you’d like a little practice now’s DEFINITELY the time to do it. We’re ALL learning.

1 Like

yea i think i will eventually when the hype dies down and i can get faster queues but right now its painful and sometimes people beat me on the hero select screen

That’s definitely annoying haha. I wish they gave us a “oops, all Venture” arcade mode like they did with… Illari? I think? I don’t know if they did for Mauga.

You just created a new ship, look what you did. Go to the corner.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just me, but the visual on their primary feels so misleading. Like it looks like it’ll be a bigger radius but it looks like it’s just a horizontal radius that’s visualized.

I am sure venture is very annoying for healers, but as a tank venture did nothing, squat, less threatening than moira. Had a great hour or so of winston, because it was essentially 1 less dps to worry about.

As a healer, I’m down with 'em. They give a solid 3 min of “don’t worry about me” per game, and that’s wonderful.

It’s only day 1, but I’m loving them as an enemy and teammate. They’re consistent, which is good right now. Not bursty, not terrifyingly busted. Good mobility, good damage, different playstyle, self-sufficient more than most. Their ult is SCARY though if enabled, but since they have to commit to close-range to use it properly, it’s almost like a dry Genji blade; the whole lobby just smacks them out of existence and no more ult.

I’m having a blast. The omnidirectional movement is insane. For someone designed to go underground they do great in the sky. Pharah is still rough. But it’s not as hard as the junkrat counter. Having so much fun.

Yeah agree with your movement note. Popping up and rushing out is a nasty combo, paired with that movement.

That ult does some crazy damage, kinda reminds me of four mini shatters.