Ok, cool Moira changes, but when are you going to nerf hitscan heroes?

I think widow and ashe are slightly overtuned, but the remaining hitscan heroes are all fine IMO.

I know people like to throw around the word ‘hitscan’ to mean ‘precision hitscan’ but let’s be specific and remember that there are actually a lot of other hitscan heroes in the game that arent widow, ashe, and mccree.

Soldier, sombra, tracer, dva, reaper, hammond, baptiste

Despite how much time you need in order to get insane aim at widow, she still doesn’t have hard counters and it isn’t an excuse to give her free space to roam.

My bad, i should have specified. But those three are the hitscans that could use some adjustments. Everyone keep saying mccree is fine even though i seem the only one who could use a nerf on his rate of fire lmao.

The only thing they need to do to hitscan is to raise the skill-floor by lowering the rate of fire. The current high rate-of-fire on Widowmaker, Ashe and McCree leaves little or no room to punish missed shots. Missing should be punishing when you can so effectively deal instant burst damage at a medium-long range.

Other games punish missing by giving snipers limited ammunition - that’s not a possibility in Overwatch. So the two options available are clip size (more frequent reloads) or rate-of-fire.

Not nerfing a “high skill hero” is what lead us to goats and Brig just saying.

If a hero is too strong they should be nerfed regardless of any reason.

Projectile dps also require a lot of skill although different from hitscans and yet they’re not OP (Genji, Hanzo for example)

This so much.

And yet projectile heroes are made completely obsolete by hitscan currently - simple because hitscan is instant and projectiles have a travel time.

Ideally, projectile heroes should be able to bait a missed shot from their hitscan opponents and then capitalise on the opportunity to retaliate. However, the high rates-of-fire prevent this from happening.

1 Like

I love it when a person can deliver so perfectly.

I guess they were trying to make it so he could burst people down easier.

Because hitscan?

I don’t get it either.