Ok Boomer. Really?

This is probably the weakest of all the generalizations out there.

First of all, “boomers” are the first “old people” to play video games. So therefore they are cooler than you. You might even call them pioneers.
Secondly, you will also be old someday (unless you die young [hopefully that doesn’t happen]). It’s like boomers calling them “stupid millenials” as if they weren’t pushing a stick uphill with their noses for fun or whatever old people did all day when they were kids. Every kid thinks old people are dumb and that they know it all. It’s a right of passage.

So let’s just stop with the stale memes already.

13 Likes

well this just came out of nowhere

63 Likes

Someone let a dig get to them…

1 Like

i mean, unless you are 60 years old.

2 Likes

I actually felt the boomer thing died off.

5 Likes

All I can say to this is “Ok, boomer.”

42 Likes

i mean, I think it did…when the elderly were actually dying off cuz of the virus
its not so funny then is it?

1 Like

Uh, this seems random, but just remind yourself of this little bit of math when you hear it: the number of letters in “ok boomer” is greater than the value of the IQ of someone who uses it unironically.

7 Likes

I’m lost, where exactly did this come from?

2 Likes

I…~

Well… Yes…

1 Like

Ah yes, my favorite Overwatch related topic… ok boomer memes

12 Likes

I mean, I am not a boomer. I fall somewhere between boomer and zoomlennial or whatever the newbies are being labeled.

But I feel like the “boomer” designation (and derivatives thereof) are weak, and ya’ll are better than that.

I rarely see “Okay Boomer” memes. The only memes I see these days are Leonardo DiCaprio memes. The one where he’s in that movie Django Unchained, and he’s hold a glass of alcohol making a funny face. :rofl:

2 Likes

Stupid kids say stupid stuff, now to our main story: Water is wet.

1 Like

so django and gatesby

Its part of the social engineering to make younger generations think they are more aware and in tune because of the Internet and technology comfort. What they don’t realize, most, is that they were not taught independent, critical thinking processes. Hence the “snowflake” phenomena, cancel culture, overly social-minded focus, etc. I can tell that when it came to raw intellect, the “boomers” were simply better educated. As US and mostly Western education was taken over and the agenda became not teaching, but simply social indoctrination, standards fell (and directly in some cases with lack of corporal punishment in schools). I challenge a single person to pick up a slide rule these days and do calculus… common in the 60’s, but you know, “dumb Boomers”. Too many people equate being politically correct with some form of intelligence which is quite honestly absurd the more you think about it; its just an opinion on something, nothing more.

Human brains aren’t even fully formed till about 22, some a bit earlier, some a bit later. Particularly, judgement is impaired and the centers which emphasize consequences and outcome analysis. It shows.

One thing that is beautiful symmetry in life: the more you promote age discrimination the more you are laying your own trap in time. “Boomers” were ironically the ones who really started this game of trashing anyone over 30 and promoting the idea that only wisdom came from the mouth of babes, something every civilization has known better for thousands of years until technological adaptation created a veneer that youth is somehow more advanced. Technology without experience and wisdom to know how to use it is conveniently ignored.

I just sit back and chuckle now… if you don’t die of illness or an accident (you don’t want to see the statistics), you too will get to enjoy 2 generations from now mocking you with something similar to “Okay Zoomer”. all the memes, all the fashions, all the anime, the popular movies and music… they will laugh off 80% of it. Beautiful symmetry indeed.

3 Likes

Yes it’s dumb.

But making a post about how dumb it is, is just fuel for the fire. Don’t.

2 Likes

also I am giggling cuz bugsy was the name of the gym leader who was like 8 in pokemon

1 Like

hmmmm

1 Like

Facts are not generalizations! Do not get these two confused! Ok this might just be my opinion, so sue me. :slight_smile:

We often celebrate “firsts” in society… well the boomers (which pretty much is just anyone old at this point) will be the first eldery people who play video games! Pretty cool.

1 Like