Oh look. Another Counter to Mass res

Mass Res wasn’t removed because there lacked enough counterplay, even though that was one issue on a wide list of them. It was removed for being a backwards, unhealthy mechanic in a game that compressed Mercy’s power all into one place. Mass Resurrect’s removal had nothing to do about not having enough counters, or being too strong and needing a direct or indirect nerf, it was removed because it was bad game design.

3 Likes

Her AOE was big enough to cover an entire point. Anyway, Torbjörn would have to use his ult immediately after they kill the last person. It just promotes poor play.

Torb could use his ult just right after the enemy team runs out of stationary invulnerability. Besides, this isn’t the only counter to it now.

Molten Core’s cast time and travel time take too long to be used to counter Mass Rez. What other counters would Mass Rez have that don’t have cast times that take too long. Also, could you name any non ult counters. Every other ult has at least one.

Mass Ress

• Non - ult counter = stagger deaths

• ult counter = any wiping ultimate and hammonds ultimate.

Teammates can’t move when being revived. The invulnerability is gone once they can move, but by then they’re already dead if even ONE enemy teammate anticipated Mercy’s move and out-played her.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you could move with invincibility back in Mass Rez.

I mean, if Mass res is so counterable, what’s the point?

You can’t. You literally, physically can’t. Only the Mercy could move and even then, the OP suggests no invulnerability version of mass ress.

3 Likes

That’d be a big negative. Mercy herself moves a little bit, iirc. But the teammates who are being revived? They are unable to move until fully Resurrected.

2 Likes

*So essentially don’t kill the enemy which could allow them to build up their own ult.

• Hammond has to use his ult right as the teamfight ends to make up for the cast time (assuming a newly rezzed target triggers the mines while they have invincibility). Most ults take to long to set up.

No.

I’m pretty sure they don’t. It doesn’t function the same as Zen’s ultimate since Zen can actually move around, similarly to Mercy. Most likely not the same for stationary targets.

1 Like

Oh… in that case we have f tier Mercy. Well I wouldn’t like it either since I actually enjoy Mercy.

1 Like

Naaaaah. It’s all Gucci. If it needs a buff, I’m sure Blizzard won’t make the same mistake again. Even then, we can brainstorm some buffs. Perhaps 150 burst heals for alive players?

It doesn’t matter since Hammond’s mine field takes too long to set up.

How about a 50% damage resistance like roadhog’s take a breather.

3 Likes

Makes it sound like Sound Barrier instead of Rez. I’m assuming you would be able to use it without someone having to die first.

Time it? Use it when the Mercy flies in. Even if it’s too long, the ressed players would still have to work through them. Better yet, kill the Mercy with the mines as she flies in. That’d be funny af.

Yes.

She would effectively have the health of Orisa or Zarya but with a smaller hit box.

1 Like

Is that a problem? Lúcio’s ultimate turns you into a tank as well.