Official Season 9 Patch Notes

it does make sense though lol

a .4 projectile is massive

you have to think of it from a balancing perspective, they removed the combo because it wasnt fun to play into but then made the nades more consistent but they were TOO consistent at .4 so they nerfed it to .35

yes the cheesy rat playstyle is less effective if not outright dead, but thats an overall buff to the game even though its a nerf to the rat

1 Like

Yeah we donā€™t need Junkrat launching damn near Symmetra bowling ball grenades at people. No matter how easy they are to dodge you have to think about the people that can actually aim with the hero

1 Like

Compare the speed of his projectile and the arc to other projectiles. Look at Pharah. Her rockets are the same size but are 60% faster, fire in a straight line and she has more ammo. Junk has a .1 faster rate of fire. Great.

Then look at their kits.

You guys need to make up your minds. He loses his combo but nobody wants him to get consistent directs either. What exactly do you expect him to do? He has the slowest projectiles in the entire game with an arc that range caps him as well.

I think we should see how consistent they are with the global buffs because it is a pretty big increase

and if it still sucks iā€™m not opposed to buffing him, but i donā€™t think making them that big would be necessary just yet

Junk isnā€™t inconsistent due to his projectile size. Increasing it doesnā€™t solve the problem.

Itā€™s a preemptive nerf since his projectiles are affected by the global increase. Otherwise heā€™d be shooting canon balls

2 Likes

Syms current orbs are .5 and travel at twice the speed. Nobody has trouble moving out of the way.

1 Like

Awww opā€™s topic wasnā€™t the legit note post :frowning_face:

Youā€™re the wrong one! Iā€™m telling! Whereā€™s robot mod-daddy? Heā€™ll right this wrong in 1-3 business days. Ha-ha!

:wink: :+1: Noice

1 Like

Junkrat officially died with season 9

instead of 0.25 + 0.15 = 0.4

now he gets 0.2 + 0.15 = 0.35

I know. Heā€™s getting less of a buff than the other heroes because he was pre-emptively nerfed. Since clearly heā€™s going to be an absolute menace without his combo.

all heroes that combo dependent also suffer this

so like genji, doom, ana and your fav junk

they allready said they plan to further adjust individual hero that need tuning, so i figure maybe they get compensation or something idk

There isnā€™t a hero in the entire game as reliant on a combo as Junkrat is on his. Yet heā€™s getting pre-emptively nerfed on top of losing the combo.

Oh please this is Blizzard theyā€™re going to take 6 months to fix anything.

uh u should try play genji and kill anything without using any dash / melee / deflect

Why not buffing some Ball damage? Why? There is absolutely no reason every single tank has been buffed except the worst one. Ridiculous

They got dva bomb completely wrong. It was already doing 1000 dmg

Hog, Mauga, Ram and a few others werenā€™t buffed either.

1 Like

Correct. I was too angry to notice it.

Blockquote * Bronze through Diamond Players may group with other players within 2 Skill Tiers of their own Skill Rank.

• Master players may group with other players within 1 Skill Tier of their own Skill Rank.
  • Grandmaster players may group with other players within 3 Skill Divisions of their own Skill Rank.
  • Champion players may group with only one other player within 3 Skill Divisions of their own Skill Rank.

Has anyone else noticed that despite the promise at blizcon, our matchmaking stacking requirements have not changed. So much for wide parties huh?

the main difference between rat and pharah was that rat had a dmg combo and his nades BOUNCE off walls and linger while a missed rocket is a missed rocket

the fact they bounce counts for alot, a .35m nade that can bounce off walls is insane

junkrat is also one of the only heroes that can boop people into the air, making it easier for himself to land that air shot.

yes rat is outdated but its not fair to compare it to pharah since she just got a rework, something that may come to rat at a later point in time

junkrat is the only hero i could find in the top 500 that had more then 1 OTP (on dps) 1-2 weeks ago, think about how crazy that is

of course they are going to nerf junkrat when hes the most consistently one tricked dps in top 500

i understand that this sucks from a junkrat players perspective but look at it from everyone elses perspective

no one likes having skyrat fly down to combo them for free, no likes having flankrat sitting in some random corner to combo them

its not engaging gameplay and it feels in the moment skill-less, we can argue weather or not its ā€œdifficultā€ to setup for skyrat or to get into those flanking positions but no one enjoys it

thats why he got nerfed, a nerf to junkrat is QoL buff to everyone else. hopefully they rework him but i cant really argue against nerfing him when i see how annoying he is across the board.

in the same vein i think its good that hanzo cant 1 shot, but i also think WIDOW shouldnt be able to one shot which a .08m hitscan bullet

1 Like