Obligatory Widow Post

Widow is very hard to contest as any long range damage hero . She’s completely across the map and only needs a pixel of sightline with .4 seconds and I’m dead. Why are tanks the only heroes that can challenge her from afar? This is the same for Hanzo but the opposite. You cant contest these heroes as other damage characters. I’d rather be Brig against them as I can completely nullify their damage and contest the Hanzo if up close. One shots are a necessary evil, I also dont want them to be nerfed or unusable but they cause heroes like Soldier to be completely useless because even though he’s classified as “long range” he can’t contest a Widow whatsoever.

Widow makes other damage characters irrelevant.

1 Like

Tanks.
And Tracer/Genji depending on the map.
And Sombra.
And another Widow.
And good positioning.

What about tracer/genji/sombra?
Good dps just need to hide and make sure the widow doesnt see them.

What if your not good with those 3? Do you just flop and die?

Personally i pick bastion since she cant 1 shot me and i try to pelt her from range

1 Like

If your not good just play a low skill hero that counters widow.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Brig?

??? Since when does Brig counter Widow?

1 Like

Just a guess.
WHAT IS A LOW SKILL HERO THAT COUNTERS WIDOW
Oh right dva

1 Like

Idk why you’re saying low skill. There isnt a low skill hero in the game. Do you mean low aim requirements? I mean Winston, but you still have to worry about 5 other enemies when diving her as they will contest you and there is almost always a D.Va to contest the high ground. Idk, I just want Soldier to be better against her somehow and even after the buff it’s incredibly difficult.

1 Like

Brig is weak to widow ._.

Moira
Winston (Aim requirements)
D.va
Junk
Reaper
Pharah
Some of the lower skilled heroes in the game.

Dva, Winston, Mei.

Mei can AD crouch spam all day and throw right clicks and throw up walls to deny her line of site she can take on widow pretty easy tbh, it is easier for the Mei to hit a scoped widow than it is for the Widow to hit a super mobile Mei who can Ice wall whenever she wants.

Zen can also kill Widow just charge right click and release. In almost all her matchups Widow has to outplay the other player to win and it’s harder on her that’s why her win rate sucks at almost every skill level. She can’t even perform in most games if her team doesn’t make space. Which is at least half of them because the team with space is the one with better tank/healers.

only 2 of them can work against widow.

The only issue is that tracer doesnt have any vertical mobility to counter Widow in certain maps.
I think so at least unless there are special places where tracer can blink all the way.

Well if you don’t know how to play any counter to a hero, you won’t counter her. It’s your problem dude.
:roll_eyes:

None of those heroes are low skill.

They are?
In terms of aim of course.
(And possibly mechanical skill but Im highgold/lowplat so take my opinion with a grain of salt)

but you don’t understand, 95% of the hero roster having to HIDE from the widow (and therefore know where she is at all times, which is easy because she doesn’t have a grappling hook or anything and it’s not like she has team members right?) is totally fine game design and there’s nothing wrong with it because people who can’t aim suck with her and that makes it alright that she in many ways totally defines the meta and a lot of the game ends up playing completely around the fact she exists

2 Likes

No true words have been spoken.

(Laughs in taco before filling widows head with full clip from behind!)