Now 4 Season 3 Bugs I've Found (NOT Game Breaking)

EDIT: I just read the stickied post, which includes my first bug. I’m leaving what I typed about it just in case it helps fix the bug.

EDIT 2: I found a fourth bug, Ana’s sleepdart accuracy is sometimes being listed as > 100% accuracy. I’ve written about it in the 6th post of this thread.

Just making this topic so that the devs can be made aware. I’ve included as much info as I can to hopefully nail down the issues. Feel free to ask for more info.

1. Role Mastery Weekly Challenge. All of the roles say 1/3 no matter what. I actually have no tank wins but 3 support wins at the time of writing. The circle around the icon still seems to work, so progress is being kept, but users can’t see the progress.

2. Season 1 and 2 rankings and stats broken with Role Queue drop down. Season 1 and 2 rank icons are not appearing in people’s career profiles, and the stats (such as, but not limited to, wins and losses) appear to be combined for the seasons. The bug appears to be related to the Role Queue drop down option: the rank icons disappear and combined season stats appear when that is manually selected or used by default when people did not play open queue. The All drop down option, however, properly displays the stats and rankings.

3. Selecting the “New” drop down option for Player Title, Player Icon, and Name Cards results in continuous loading wheels. The other drop down options work fine, but selecting “New” in the drop down menus in career profile customization leads to a never-ending, or at least very long-lasting, loading wheel. I was able to switch between the other customization sections (title, icon, and card sections) and career profile tabs (history, stats, etc.) with the loading wheel active, so this bug does not lock the game, but the loading wheel(s) persists even when you switch back to the original section or return to the customization tab. I say wheel(s) instead of wheel because you can have loading wheels for all 3 sections at once. Exiting and re-entering career profile cancels the loading wheel, and that is the only way I found to be able to interact with the customization options again.

19 Likes

Imagine being a billion dollar gaming company but can’t display a few variables properly. After 3 seasons. On something as simple as counting 1 to 3.

1 Like

To add on to this:

Within my career profile for Competitive, I don’t have the 3rd dropdown option to toggle between Role, Open and All queues.

1 Like

If you’re missing the third dropdown menu, that should mean you played role queue but didn’t play open queue that season (or played open queue but not role queue)… or you are experiencing another bug.

1 Like

As of season 3 my career profile is just showing total career stats for comp up until the end of season 2 with no new updates as of season 3, and there is no rank showing at all anywhere in my career profile, it’s just blank

3 Likes

Update: another minor bug I experienced today.

1. Ana’s sleepdart accuracy stat shown as > 100% in the game reports and in-game scoreboard. I’m not sure what’s causing this, but I have 3 in-game screenshots that I can upload if requested. 2 enemies slept → 200% accuracy, 5 slept → 125% accuracy, and 8 slept → 160% accuracy. Most games I played have < 100% accuracy shown, however. If I had to speculate the issue, the real accuracy only shows when it is below a certain % or once a certain number of darts used. My guess is the former since this bug did not appear when my accuracy was at or below, say 60% (which might not be the actual threshold but hopefully provides help if the devs read this).

At this point, I’d be fine if this thread just became a place people could search for and post about Season 3 bugs if that is what others want to do.

That seems to be the second bug I listed. With the bug, the only ways to see ranks for a season is for that season to be an Overwatch 1 season OR by playing at least 1 open queue game that season so you can get the third dropdown menu in career profile; once done, using the “ALL” option will properly display your rank (the “Role Queue” option appears to be bugged and is used by default if you haven’t played any open queue).

Does that help, or are you experiencing a different issue?

1 Like

after i won a couple of games the “role mastery weekly challenge” changed to 2/3 on all 3 roles. so jeah still broken and cant see my progress properly. but it does change.

I have the same issues with season ranking not showing. on my profile or seasons before.

1 Like

Can confirm. One game of Open Queue Competitive fixed this visual bug for me too. However, I’m still documenting this bug in my post: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Competitive Career Statistics Page.

I did take the advice of playing one round of Open queue, and it’s all gone back to normal except for the stats which are still a bit wonky. :slight_smile:

1 Like