Not updating my phone plan for OW

Because shooting yourself in the foot isn’t fast enough. They have to lop the leg off QUICKER and self destroy the old legacy of Blizzard North.

I mean we are talking about Blizzard Entertainment here…

2 Likes

Um… do flip phones count? It’s just a text, right?

Honestly I’m not sure if I have a prepaid SIM or not, but I checked to see if I can recieve SMS notifications/texts on my phone and I can, so hopefully I should be good to go on launch.

Why are you here? Didn’t you leave?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/bye-everyone-was-a-good-run/692576

5 Likes

It’s like Blizz has someone in the office in charge of making terrible decisions. Now I have to pay an additional 30$ CAD per month to play the newer game. Can’t they do robo voice calls for validation purposes? :thinking:

5 Likes

To be fair, virtually nobody has a landline/home phone anymore.

I’ve never been called a communist before, thanks?

The one type of person people generally dislike, the hate watcher.

Idk what everyone has tbh. Where I live ISP, Cable & Phone come together. Maybe you don’t. The issue is we are cutting ourselves short denying those whom do own Home Phone # but not Post-Pay Cellulars.

1 Like

Eh depends? My home town has a restriction on towers (no I don’t know all the legalities but some providers just won’t work cause they don’t have a tower) so a lot just stick with landlines.

Yeah it’s not an end all be all but sometimes there are weird reasons that restrict people to using landlines.

So you’re saying someone isn’t allowed to see what becomes of something they use to participate in?

Imagine the surprise I have of someone trying to control another persons experience. Typical tyrant…

So I’m from Germany and you can use “prepaid” numbers for your Battle.net according to the customer support, cause in Germany in order to activate your prepaid number you need to authorize you with your ID, etc. The customer support also mentioned you will get a message that you can’t link your number if it’s a prepaid number. So I used my prepaid number and it worked for me.

5 Likes

This is disturbing NEWS tbh and I am here to STAY but learning such Blocks to a supposed F2P game are going to be implemented does indeed sound like OW2 is going to tank.

Not very bright of Blizzard tbh

2 Likes

You should turn the political news down, we can all hear it and a lot of people, especially me, do not care.

Warzone, a Call of Duty Battle Royale, from Activision Blizzard, requires a phone number. That game is doing fine.

2 Likes

Sorry yall but I’d rather have you not play than deal with a free game that has 0 measures in place to stop alts and smurfs

2 Likes

Do those restricted prepaid plans tho? That seems to be the biggest issue I’m seeing is that certain prepay plans aren’t compatible.

3 Likes

it is zero measures

the smurfs/alts will simply have to pay $1 more for level 25 (or whatever it is) account with a bundled phone number

meanwhile the legitimate customers without a phone contract are locked out

gigabrain policy

5 Likes

Personally I’m shocked but not surprised by Gsniper’s comment. Phrases like that tend to come out thanks to the anonymity of the internet. In real life I think most New Zealanders would be rolling our eyes or double blinking going ‘What?’.

You’re comparing OW to games that have Endless rehashes pumped out nonstop making Bank on Sales vs a supposed to be F2P game

You’re comparing OW to Monopoly gaming basically since neither CoD nor OW even equate.

Not sure, they seem to have or had similar issues. Google Warzone [wireless provider] related things. Googling Warzone Phone Number Bypass is interesting too.

1 Like

Bro - just use their phone numbers for accounts if you need to :roll_eyes: