Not updating my phone plan for OW

Got my whole family on Straight Talk…I’m not changing our provider for a video game. It’s a real service, thanks for making me feel like a hobo.

67 Likes

Can you please elaborate? I just got this cheeky request for my phone number from blizzard - is there specific provider or what do you mean? I didn´t connect mine yet, cause I am just not comfortable with this.

Phone carrier is your choice, not Blizzard’s.

7 Likes

I got two alt challenge accounts where I only play one hero, been doing it for years (and only in arcade)

Not buying more phones/plans just to play them. Today’s news sucks, Im with you OP

6 Likes

If your provider is considered “pre paid” you can’t use it for your OW acc.

6 Likes

What that even means? :thinking: If I pay in the end of every month for what I used and I can walk out anytime - that´s fine I guess?

It depends on the provider. Some people are claiming they can’t on theirs. If you’re using a major provider you should be fine.

1 Like

Agreed. I love Overwatch but the savings on prepaid phone plans are just too good a deal. Just bought a year of cell service for $300 with plenty of data.

Refuse to go back to $90 a month plans to play a F2P game

29 Likes

Wait…I just remembered, that I am still paying up my phone so, I have prepaid something in that package with the phone…also I am from very small country in Europe so my provider…welp, this will be fun -_-

Straight Talk, Cricket, Boost, they’re all legitimate services. OW about to lose half the player base.

26 Likes

“Then dont.”

-Says H1st0ry as they proceed to let go of a disgruntled sigh and take a hit off their vape while they frown and continue scrolling through the OW forums to find more posts to waste their time on.

31 Likes

Are you kidding me? Imagin buying a game, invest a time into it and than having it to taken away from you, cause few years latter, your phone provider is not a good match for Blizzard… Does that sound good for you? To me, it sounds almost like a scam.

45 Likes

Might I recommend ting? I pay 24 a month, 14 if I manage to not use data.

:person_shrugging:
Thems the breaks.

I’m on Sprint/T-Mobile and I have no issues with my number. Try to use your current carrier, switch carriers, or just don’t play, idk.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I also use Straight Talk and I was able to add my number to my account within the past couple days. You should try it just in case.

I think you just need a phone number and that’s it. No need to overthink it

1 Like

Mine was accepted. But I am not comfortable with sharing also my number with them and I don´t like this new scammy thing.

It seems that you don´t care at all so good for you I guess…

17 Likes

Blizzard just doesn’t want your business if they want to control what service you use.

1 Like

There comes a point in life.

Allow Home Phone #… Shouldn’t be so Difficult
Why does the Player base seriously need to jump through hoops just to play a game falsely marketed as being F2P placing strict Cellular paywall blocking everyone

5 Likes