Not fun to play against should not be a factor in balance

And apparently its hit scans they are just making call of duty lite

might be. so next time you play OW, just go into it with the expectation that its made this way. if you want chess, play chess. if you want mario party but still play chess, then dont be disappointed its not the same. does that make sense?

Well phara/mercy and soj/mercy is still not fun and unbalanced so. Phara/mercy especially because I’m in gm as a support but even there it seems that people have trouble oppressing it, but it makes some sense now that mercy has her new passive…

I going in playing rein genji and supports excluding moira she boring to me. And i do just fine but i do have to br sweaty on genji not so much any more on rein

Why do you like Call of Duty ?
Robert K. : Easy money
Why do you make Overwatch 2 a Call of Duty lite ?
Robert K. : More easy money

1 Like

"dont put words into my mouth

new mercy was unfun to play against for me personally, but i WILLnever complain it on forums"

I refer you to: So whats the purpose of mercy "rework" again?

To quote you once more:

"Opinion from DPS mains / Tank Mains:
I personally hate it when i cant even do anything to enemy if they are below half health and getting pocketed by mercy
67.5 HPS and 90 HPS on valk is BROKEN AND UNFUN

i literally have to kill the mercy first everytime before i can do anything to her team near her, at 55 HPS i can still burst it down if im lucky, there no chance i going to kill it at 67.5 HPS

just revert it allready"

That was a topic you started, complaining about it. I did not put words into your mouth, that’s the message you fired out.

We want unfun heroes reworked to become fun for everyone. Regardless of if they are playing as them, or against them. There’s a reason why Sombra, despite being noticeably weaker, gets a lot of hate.

Balance serves fun. If the game isn’t fun, no one will play it, whether or not it’s perfectly balanced.

I think it really comes down to whether or not there is counterplay.

Hog and Sombra were not fun to play against because they didn’t have counterplay.

Hog could almost go wherever he wanted without being punished while also wielding a 20m one shot combo. Killing him was impossible without help from your entire team thanks to his sustain. But he also could reliably snatch people who dared to stand near the objective. There was no positioning around this without positioning away from the objective.

Sombra (when hack cancelled abilities) basically just made you stop playing the game and the only thing you could do to stop it was to have an extremely fast reaction time and accuracy to damage her. But if Sombra is smart she will only go for hacks when you’re preoccupied. Cancelling hack was borderline impossible and you had no idea when she was coming thanks to stealth. EMP is even worse because it made your entire team useless, had basically no cast time, and the only counterplay was hiding from Sombra as zenyatta or Lucio. Hypothetically you could stun her out of it, but realistically that just wasn’t going to happen ever.

To me, a lack of counterplay is where things start to feel unfun and frustrating. A lack of counterplay is also a balance issue. There should be a weakness in every hero to allow for counterplay. And by weakness I don’t mean that their kit is weak, but that there is a clear disadvantage to exploit as counterplay.

Hard disagree there should be a balance (lol) between what is fun and what is balanced.

Turning every character into soldier 76 would be balanced right? It doesn’t sound like much fun though.

How a character feels to both play as and against is equally important as them being competitively viable and balanced.

Not fun to play against should be one of the MAIN factors of balance.

ITS. A. GAME.

And ill ask again who gets to deside the load minorities of reddit and the froms?

The game’s designers get to decide - people complaining on reddit doesnt force them to do anything, but it does show them that problems in the game exist.

Either way, games that are fun are generally more popular.

But where do they get the metrucs for things being not fun reddit and the forms which is like less the 1% of the player base

…Ah yes, alongside social media, content creator contacts, memes, chat logs. etc. It isn’t exactly difficult for them to get info on the community’s opinions on various factors.

Opinion polls and other forms of information gathering plus a game designers personal experience of what fun is.

we would not be arguing this and is why i call it a unicorn, and its the inherent issue with the live service model, its all about metrics and maintaining players to generate money. this is why they have to go in that direction. gone are the days in the mainstream where games are artistic expression where devs put their game out there and the players can just decide if they want to play or not. much like books and most films. the indy gamespace is all we have left.

But an unbalanced game is very rare to be funny.

1 Like

Hell, there have been good live service balance philosophies in games before. A game dev just needs to understand while other players can decide whether something needs a nerf or not…their input shouldn’t be even remotely factored in deciding HOW to nerf it. The ‘majority’ should be almost completely ignored at this phase of balance. The only ones who should decide this are people who actually play the hero. This way, the hero gets nerfed correctly without potentially becoming completely useless.

that I disagree, reason being Bias, now that’s not to mean it should be immediately dismissed. all feedback should be considered and certain weight can be given to feedback from people that main a particular hero, the Bias while does enable some better opinions of a hero, the trade off being useful knowledge elsewhere is often neglected that may be of importance that the bias feedback either neglected to consider or “conveniently” forgot.

I’d say negative bias is way stronger than positive bias tbh. People tend to want to overdo it with things they hate.