Not fun to play against should not be a factor in balance

not fun to play against should not be a factor in balance

like nerfing a character despite they are mediocre just because they are NOT FUN to play against is a BAD THING

hero should be designed and balanced around fun to play to the player playing it

we should nerfing based if the hero overperform

thoughts?

27 Likes

I’d say that “fun” and “balance” are two separate aspects of a game. I’d also say that balance comes second to fun, since you can have a fun game that’s unbalanced - but a balanced game that’s no fun is simply a failure.

51 Likes

‘Not fun’ should be a factor in everything considering it’s a game and its sole purpose is to be fun.

48 Likes

OKay

then lets nerf zen for how effective he is, which is rather effective

Fall Guys is fun. Competitive Overwatch is not. Unless you play ranked like unranked.

Oh god. It’s a videogame. If it’s not fun to play, why bother?

You know how we got 5vs5? Tank category was made “balanced”. So “balanced”, people just stopped playing it.

5 Likes

No, I fundamentally disagree. A character might have 50hp but easily deal 500 damage with two shots before a reload. Is that balanced, maybe, is it fun to play with vs against, heck no.

This is a video game designed to be fun to both watch and play.

1 Like

I’d even argue such a character would be weak since 1 shots are a thing and with such low health a stray fart in the wind would kill them lol.

OP or UP that character would a nightmare to balance as I just came up with the least imaginative kit with low HP but insanely high damage.

Fun factor is important with balance. I believe this is a ghost buff mercy thread but we’ll see if OP ever comes back to troll again

good principle to speedrun the death of your game, but yeah optimaly in a perfect world, unfun heroes are not released in the first place

it is,nerf damage boost and sigma, thank you

what if i have fun one-shotting people with a wall-piercing magnetic missile that fires every .2 seconds and has infinite ammo? too bad if someone finds that unfun to play against i guess

1 Like

Then it wouldn’t just be unfun but also OP lol

1 Like

balance? no. game design? absolutely.

if something is not fun to engage with then it does nothing but lower the amount of people that will play the game. especially if that hero is prominent in the meta.

1 Like

Half agree. But the fun they balance for, is the 1%, no one else.

strong disagree, the game is supposed to be fun, that is an important factor in design and balance.

3 Likes

I’d agree if this wasn’t a videogame.
I like my games somewhat balanced, and I like them fun.
But if I have to pick between the 2 then im going to pick fun every time, it’s just more important.

The game is in the most fun state it’s been since launch, but I’m really worried the devs are gonna pull what they did in October 2020 and release a bunch of changes that make the game awful again.

BUT they have been kinda killing it recently so my faith has been somewhat restored.

If all fun was weighed equally, this wouldn’t be so bad.

But some fun is more equal than other fun.

1 Like

Balance is usually just a description of “Hero usage variety at the top 1% of players”.
Why usage variety? Because Novelty is a component of “Fun”.

So the idea that “Anti-Fun” shouldn’t be a factor in something that leads to “Fun” is kinda strange.

I’d disagree.