“Not every character has to be viable”

its like saying zen is impossible to play when there is a pharah since he can’t do anything to her either

dps on brigitte’s team usually deals with pharah

Ugh. Here we go…

2 Likes

I’ve dropped Pharahs as Zen before. It’s difficult but not impossible. Brig doesn’t instantly delete everyone; that’s a gross hyperbole and the major reason why we aren’t taking you seriously. You clearly haven’t taken the time to learn how do deal with Brig; either that or you’ve only played against her in Total Mayhem.

1 Like

i generally know how to deal with brigitte, i usually stick to playing mccree, hanzo or widow. mccree is only good until she presses q.

i never consider to use pharah in my games unless they play triple support or the enemy team is supid and doesn’t counter me then pharah is a good counter to her which is rare though.

A gaming companies goal in balance is to make every character viable, so that statement is irrelevant.

3 Likes

Every character should be viable, not every character can be meta.

These changes will get us closer to that:
Stuff grey is thinking about

ceterum censeo brigitta esse delendam

It’s true… yet I think every hero should also be categorized after their “job” (Main and off- healer and tank respectivly, hitscan dps, disruption, area denial, etc) And each hero in these job categories should at least be bottom line viable with the others of these jobs (example: McCree and Soldier should both be viably usable if hitscan itself is viable)

I can agree to it yea.

Just never go on point
loool 4Head

you can get on point without getting into brigs range. Its very annoying when people act like brig just controls everything around her when she really doesnt.

1 Like

Isn’t the point 10M square though? unless you want want to contest and die you can’t really do much but poke and hope for a lucky kill

its not really ‘lucky kill’. Even diamond players can reliably kill brig, as im one of them.

Like all i have to do vs brig is go zen and say in comms ‘hey brigs discorded’ and shes dead in the next 5s.

How pro players cant deal with her or gms/top 500s when diamond players who are significantly worse in game sense and gameplay and mechanical skill can eradicate her just confuses me

What diamond games are you in where people are in voice chat? I play in masters and my DPS are going for 1v6 team kills most of the time.
edit: well I do play in EU so that explains a lot.

i played in s10 and s11 on na, havent cared to play comp anymore, but when i did and it was in brigs strongest state, she was not hard to deal with.

I played brig, zen, mercy, and rein(who suffers the most out of any character rn while also being helped the most out of any character). Brig is not as easy as people think, and definitely not hard to kill.

The whole ‘i got from gold to gm as brig, 100% broken character’ like people think this is a common occurence, but this happened with mercy back when she was broken in sr gain and only a few people did it. This is like 10-100 out of millions of players that manage to accomplish this, its not that ‘omg so broken’ its called rng and fighting bad players consistently.

1 Like

Yep… sounds like Competetive EU Matches…
I sometimes feel like there the better people get at mechanics the worse they are in teamwork.
“I managed to get to this high rank with this hero so I am ENTITLED to play them whenever I please here!” No matter how hard their hero gets countered or how little it synergizes with the teamcomp.

If games were linear, then you would have a point here. But it isn’t, so you don’t.

plenty of maps have verticality, plenty of heroes can do good damage at range, plenty of heroes can destroy a brig 1v1 especially if they know what theyre doing.

Legitimately the only people that complain about brig are people too bad to know how to deal with her, and that goes for the top tier tracer/genji players complaining they finally get a reliable counter

If you pit a mindless Brig vs a top tier Soldier on high ground, sure, but that’s manipulating circumstances to try to strengthen your point - which I don’t value.

Even if Brig can’t get to and kill, she still has 600 Hp shield with which to retreat.

And if Brig decides to flank you, if you want to stay out of her 7m death range, you have to run into her team.

So, again. If Overwatch was linear, sure, but it isn’t.

so i cant make manipulate circumstances to strengthen my point but you can manipulate circumstances to strength yours. Hmm