Not able to join friends group

We invite eachother but we just get sent to home screen when we join. Notification works fine but I can’t play with my friend. I’m PS5 he is Ps4

19 Likes

i’m having the exact same issue

6 Likes

I am also having the exact same issue, and it sucks because playing Overwatch 2 was basically a nighttime ritual for us

4 Likes

Same. One on PS4, one on PS5. We were able to play fine yesterday (Wednesday, 11/16), but can’t group up now. We even tried the in-game chat command, and the invite was sent over PSN, but it still didn’t work.

4 Likes

Exact same issue here. We are ps4 and ps5. We have not been able to join each other since the last update.

5 Likes

Having the same issue

5 Likes

Having the same issue, on ps5.

4 Likes

Also experiencing this, my son on a ps4 and im on a ps5 not able to join eachothers game. But he can spectate mine.

5 Likes

Same issue for me and my friend I am ps5 he is ps4

3 Likes

Same issue my ps5 friend can not join me nore can when well u fix it

4 Likes

Same issue. Can’t join a PS5 friend invite, we are both on PlayStation 5.

4 Likes

Same thing is happening between me and my boyfriend. I am on ps4 and he is on ps5, blizzard fix this asap.

3 Likes

Same here, please fix this ASAP Blizzard I was really looking forward to playing with my bestie today!

2 Likes

I hope this thread gets more attention, this is a serious issue that prevents an entire playerbase from being able to enjoy this game by playing together.

Hopefully this is something that can be sorted out asap so maybe players can enjoy what’s left of this Season.

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue My friend is ps4 I am ps5 its a serious issue that needs to be fixed asap I’ve been joining quick play matches hoping people leave so we can group up after the game

5 Likes

Yh ikr i’ve been trying to reply every post relating to this issue but this has been going on since the update and they haven’t mentioned any fix

3 Likes

Yep guys. First the Trophies wont work and now this.

2 Likes

+17 also experiencing the same ps to ps absolute nightmare hundreds of reports of this.

1 Like

Pushing this thread by reporting the same issue for both me and my friend. I tried to join her group on PS5 while she was on PS4, nothing worked except for receiving the invitation notifications but that’s about it. None of us could join.

When I tried it on PS4, however, it magically worked. It seems that this is some PS5 issue but I dunno for sure. Hope it gets fixed soon! ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Following up here: the problem is with invites across PlayStation versions. You cannot join friends on a PS4 version of the game if you are on the PS5 one. If you are trying to play with a friend on PS4 with your PS5, you’ll have to download the PS4 version. If you are on the same console gen, make sure you both have the same version.