Not a Solution To GOATS, But A Possible Piece of the Puzzle

I know that this is unpopular, but this is something that would undoubtedly have a significant impact in countering goats… NOT THE SOLE ANSWER TO… But a nice piece of the puzzle.

Give Symmetra her old orbs back, with slightly less speed than they have right now, but more than they had in her 2.0 phase. And more importantly, with the same charge speed that she has right now. (And her 100-round clip)

A fully charged shot from Symmetra’s old orb did more damage than a direct Pharah rocket and were far more consistent to aim and project.

And it didn’t have to be a direct hit. If it made any contact with you whatsoever, that was -125 HP.

It traveled through shields and barriers, with the only exception being a Zarya bubble. Though two of them would shatter anything.

And on top of all of that, it also penetrated multiple targets unhindered until it made contact with a wall.

That would single-handedly prevent a lot of the tank stacking that you see on the front lines of goats. Most of the tanks have extremely generous hitboxes, and move very slow. So it’ll even bait out the mobility and defensive abilities from most tanks.

On top of that, barriers and shields become considerably less affective. Even Zarya’s bubble becomes less effective when she’s shielding six people from one projectile.

And as I said, it’s not an outright solution to GOATS, but it could be an effective piece.

And maybe give her one or two more turrets, but nerf the damage a little bit.

And if it’s Christmas (it isn’t), how about giving her the photon barrier back, as well. That has nothing to do with goats… but it would Make Sym Great Again. #SMGA (I miss that thing).

1 Like

Try more triple and quad DPS it seems to work really well against it especially if you have a Hammond since goats is to slow to catch him and doesn’t have the CC EITHER

1 Like

That might be true… but giving Sym her old orb would still be a valuable addition to that comp, more-so than she is now. Not saying she’s not effective, but not independently so. She’s only as effective as her teammates ability to coordinate and protect her.

And if she were still a “support” that might be fine… But as A DPS, she’s the most co-dependent hero on the roster. Honestly, she even more co-dependent than most of the healers.

It’s Lucio, Not Brigitte

1 Like

I am sorry but your idea would be more broken than giving Brigitte Reapers guns and calling it a day. I could see extending the range of her primary fire or reverting back to old orb like. But not combing the fire rate of new orb with the damage and pass through of old orb. That would be broken in all comps and no one would play shield period.

I’ll give you that. It would definitely be OP. Then at the very least, just give her her old orb back.

Won’t make a difference in GOATS as it’s not enough damage to secure a kill. The heal they get from two stacked auras would just make the supports get their ults way faster.
At the moment, the durability of GOATS is big enough that most of the time you just see a team fight end when an ult gets two or more killed (Grav+Bomb, Earth Shatter)

Perhaps Nerf group healing? Make it so that when one healing aura is applied the second only heals half as much?

Yeah, personally a nerf to heal stacking in general would be interesting.