Not a 'goodbye' thread, but overall worry

Ladder doesn’t teach you anything except how to game the ladder and not lose SR.

Yeah, all the other skills like aim, ult tracking, gamesense etc can easily be learned out of comp

Imagine ruining the thing you enjoy because you turned it into grindy work.

Like I love hiking, but some weekends, I don’t feel like hiking and want to sleep all day or play with my dogs. But if it was a job, I’d have to wake up and start hiking…even worse… It would be like being forced to climb the same God forsaken mountain everyday. Look at the same trees, the same trail… I guess that’s what it would be like to play Overwatch as a job… it would be so disenchanting; it would suck out the enjoyment.

Decay should affect all ranks, or no ranks. It’s a double-standard, having higher skill level players being forced into this decay rate, while the lower skill brackets sit in stagnation.

I would say they are easier to learn in scrims or organized team play, over ladder.

Yeah I can’t say the future of OW looks bright. I mean if absolutely nothing else happens, no other new hero shooter game comes out, OW continues to update and release new hero’s that seemingly work, new maps etc. It’s still 3 years old and getting older by the day. At some point Blizzard will have to do something drastically new to keep people interested.

Simply pretty looking maps won’t disguise the fact every map remains pushing the payload or attacking a 2cp map. now I don’t think OW is going any where any time soon, even if it will continue to decline. But 2 years? 3 Years from now who knows. OW has already had a pretty steep cliff in drop off interest in the game. Even twitch numbers are misleading as a lot of people simply watch the game now, and not play it.

As for wanting to be a pro player and join OWL, it was a pretty dumb idea imo. Not being into E-sports in general but never look to getting into the current hot game, look at the future. Which I feel is why so many people love DPS hero’s because if the floor fell out of OW a lot of those skills at aiming and movement would transfer well to other FPS games.