No Sym beam buff? Seriously?

Confirmed troll who begs for dva buffs.

:skull: why do you hate dva and dvadiff so much (though it is kinda amusing ngl)

Dev team: The community really likes Sym beam range buff. Should we add it?

Also dev team: nah let’s give D.Va another nuke.

I’d rather get something that’s far more helpful in solving her problems.

Like given how much we have to fight against the tide to get something good, I’d rather NOT get something small and largely inconsequential and then be accused of “wanting her to be OP” or “being greedy” etc. for justifiably needing to ask for more and need to fight against the tide all over again to get the something that actually does solve her problems.

what do you think sym needs? another rework perhaps?

depends on what you define as a rework, but I don’t think she needs one to have her problems fixed.

1 Like

Yes. Symmetra isn’t broken at all.

Are we playing the same game? I destroyed a whole team today on koth playing sym.

Having a good game on Sym =/= Sym not being trash. I play her well in Diamond sometimes, that also doesn’t make her not bad.

2 Likes

I disagree, playing the April Fool’s with the beam length way too long proved that it was the one thing she was missing. Her shield health and TP are the only survivability and escape she needs, just her current short beam means she has to get too close to use it effectively.

With mega-beam, I could charge from a safe distance, chase down low-health targets, and be at a safe distance if advanced into to back up and get out of LOS or behind tanks to recharge shields, or back to pre-placed escape TP without having to put it in plain sight of the enemy. But it was way too long, I could chase forever and mow down entire teams.
Match Zarya beam is all I ask.

It was a joke, remember? :frowning:

1 Like

I agree. Or at least even just 13m…

I ain’t about to settle. 14m+ or bust

1 Like

16m, add 20 damage to level one, take 20 damage from level three, give it two weeks to a month to see what happens, don’t push it to OWL until we know what it’s like.

Other characters get shake-ups, with varying success. I don’t see why Sym can’t get her turn.

Also make her TP less overpowered on teams and more of a personal ability
Reduce cast time to like 0.7-0.8 seconds but have it break after 3-4 uses so it can’t be abused on maps like Hanamura and Lijiang

You’d completely remove her niche by doing this. No point teleporting with half your team and the other half left behind. Sure, she’s very strong on those two maps. But those are the only maps she’s picked on in highest tiers.

Reduce the cast time of TP to 1s for Sym only, and keep the 2s for her team.

2 Likes

It’s over guys. HolyMonkey did well in a game as Sym. She’s obviously objectively fine.

I won a 5v6 once, so I think all matches should be 5v6 as that is clearly balanced.

2 Likes

no sym beam buff? good.

Welcome to the forums. There’s no shame in being bad at the game btw

Because she does 140 dps at 12m already. It’s long enough, and I would argue too long. You want her to have longer range? Okay, max damage 100 dps. You don’t get both.

At this point, Sym players are the most ungrateful.