No reason **not** to use Fan the Hammer

Why are you letting McCree flashbang you to begin with? He still has to get into basically melee range.

Once again, why is he in that range? The dude walks at a snails pace with loud clomping boots.

He has to be within 10M to Flash you.

Wait… so you seem to be saying that the FtH buff was bad… but you liked my post saying (indirectly) that it was needed? What?

The new FTH has a lot of buffs going for it. First of all it’s not all “short ranged” with recent dmg drop off improvements FTH can be pretty deadly up to 20m away, at least to 200hp hero’s or large targets like shields.

Secondly the roll being on 6 second CD is another huge buff, as it removed the need to reload to the point you can FTH twice in almost no time. And yes FTH is over kill on 200hp hero’s, but who says you hit just one? FTH a group in the choke and you can get two kills, or a kill and severely wound the guy next to/behind them. Very common to see POTG’s of Mcree getting 2-3 kills with just a series of FTH.

Edit: and this is instant no counter play death, the kind people complained about with Brigitte and her 4 hit combo that can kill 200hp hero’s…

1 Like

It’ll get nerfed soon.

Here’s something I quoted about a different melee-range ability. :slight_smile: also if I can’t take care of the McCree that’s trying to flank I’m always the first one to say something, that doesn’t mean my dumb fck team do anything about it.

sry for acknowledging that what you said makes sense, I’ll just tell you to shut up next time, sound good?

yep, its my job, especially if I’m playing heals to be the one to turn around and get the McCree when he’s behind me because my team are always dumb and don’t help their teammates. Thanks, sorry, forgot about that one. :slight_smile:

You gotta keep in mind the relative “skill” it takes to do each method, too. Popping heads from range is undoubtedly the more effective way to play the hero but it’s also more dependant on the player’s ability to aim, it’s less reliable… FtH is basically guaranteed value especially for lower-skilled players. That’s why it’s used over simple headshots. It’s about what works for that player/rank.

That was unnecessary.

Generally people don’t agree with someone who said the opposite as their position then continue to defend their position. So… naturally I was wondering if you misunderstood what I said.

I hate this community sometimes.

One of the loudest, slowest, easily countered heros is getting slack because people “can’t” stay out of his effective range, or count bullets (FTH empties his gun so less bullet makes it less deadly)

Oh no! How am I suppost to counter a stun projectile that has been in the game forever so he can FTH me to death (when he could dink my head for the same result) Flash has always been a “your dead” ability if it lands, much like Hook. FTH changes nothing except allowing McCree actual counter play to berriers (his biggest weakness as a no mobility hitscan) and large tanks.

2 Likes

The problem with the buff to Fan the Hammer is that it now makes mccree one of the best shield breakers in the game.
You can just sit back at medium range and spam FtH 3-4 times and a rein or orisa shield will be gone in no time, just by him, not even counting other dps.
On top of that, the stun+fth combo burst is too much,it allows him to delete tanks at close range. Due to the sheer size of tanks, using fan the hammer you can’t miss any shots,so you simply destroy tanks.

You got a character that has medium-long range hitscan, massive burst spam damage if needed and a stun.
He is basically a hitscan and a reaper combined now.
Why would you ever play reaper again?

I don’t mind Mccree having a strong fan the hammer, but if it’s gonna be that strong it needs some form of cooldown like 3-4seconds to prevent spam.
He would still be able to use it twice in a row with roll.

The thing is, for an ability’s existence to be justified there must be a situation in which it’s better to use that ability than the available alternatives. If a headshot is better at point-blank range while the enemy is stunned, where FtH is meant to be at its strongest, then there’s no reason for the ability to exist at all.

1 Like

They are scrambling to try anything to counter goats without nerfing tanks. But at some point the need to address the armor issue of this game and the fact that no heroes can really counter it.

You know, I never bashed on Brigitte either. I actually made an entire post about this.

I have this weird issue where if I stun someone, I can’t hit headshots.

However, I can dink moving targets fine.

If a McCree is just standing around repeatedly fanning a Rein shield until it breaks then your team sucks.

Please keep using that!. So i can separate the good Mccrees of the bandwagoners.

Good Mccrees headshot you and only use FtH for emergencies or when somebody is close.

Trash Mccrees base their entire playstyle on Right-click!

Good McCree players use FTH more now, otherwise you’re not using the hero to its full potential.

You use the tools Blizzard creates.

Seeing a lot of people swapping to mccree to counter Winston now. It’s weird seeing people use mccree to kill tanks more than reaper the “tank buster”.