No reason **not** to use Fan the Hammer

The problem with the buff to Fan the Hammer is that it now makes mccree one of the best shield breakers in the game.
You can just sit back at medium range and spam FtH 3-4 times and a rein or orisa shield will be gone in no time, just by him, not even counting other dps.
On top of that, the stun+fth combo burst is too much,it allows him to delete tanks at close range. Due to the sheer size of tanks, using fan the hammer you can’t miss any shots,so you simply destroy tanks.

You got a character that has medium-long range hitscan, massive burst spam damage if needed and a stun.
He is basically a hitscan and a reaper combined now.
Why would you ever play reaper again?

I don’t mind Mccree having a strong fan the hammer, but if it’s gonna be that strong it needs some form of cooldown like 3-4seconds to prevent spam.
He would still be able to use it twice in a row with roll.

The thing is, for an ability’s existence to be justified there must be a situation in which it’s better to use that ability than the available alternatives. If a headshot is better at point-blank range while the enemy is stunned, where FtH is meant to be at its strongest, then there’s no reason for the ability to exist at all.

1 Like

They are scrambling to try anything to counter goats without nerfing tanks. But at some point the need to address the armor issue of this game and the fact that no heroes can really counter it.

You know, I never bashed on Brigitte either. I actually made an entire post about this.

I have this weird issue where if I stun someone, I can’t hit headshots.

However, I can dink moving targets fine.

If a McCree is just standing around repeatedly fanning a Rein shield until it breaks then your team sucks.

Please keep using that!. So i can separate the good Mccrees of the bandwagoners.

Good Mccrees headshot you and only use FtH for emergencies or when somebody is close.

Trash Mccrees base their entire playstyle on Right-click!

Good McCree players use FTH more now, otherwise you’re not using the hero to its full potential.

You use the tools Blizzard creates.

Seeing a lot of people swapping to mccree to counter Winston now. It’s weird seeing people use mccree to kill tanks more than reaper the “tank buster”.

Using the close range skill at close range, how weird

eye roll

I think the issue is that this is technically the intention of his FTH buff.

Considering that, at least in the highest ranks, GOATS is esentially the de-facto meta at this current moment, having a hero who can now reliably break shields and put a dent into the tanks is a godsend, I would assume

The issue, of course, is for those who AREN’T in those highest tiers of play, where most McCree’s will simply FTH to their heart’s content, and essentially destroy the tank’s chances of enjoying themselves

I worry about whether my fellow tank mains will really be around forever. It seems that with every new hero added, every buff, ever addition, tanks are made to be killed even easier. Not having Brig or Doom to worry about as much is nice, but…it’s a lot against us.

I mean, if ah ero with no mobility can walk up to your tank, waste his crap mobility to do that combo and then walk away slowly, where the heck were you and your team?

Reaper feels even more pointless now that McCree 1 shots him.