No OWL MVP Vault for 2022, huh?

I already have enough tokens to buy All-Star Tracer skin and All-Star Lucio skin. I hope those skins return, if not i will buy more team skins for some heroes i like playing.

This was very insightful! :heart:

Here’s hoping we see the vault return again this year; I’m dying to get my hands on the skins I missed during my hiatus!

3 Likes

Sadly you were wrong. :disappointed:

1 Like

didn’t get to get it last year, i want the goats brigitte skin :frowning:

2 Likes

I expect the Vault to be opened in like 2 Years tbh. They opened it 3 years after the first OWL Season and since these kind of vaults usually don’t get opened every year, its a possibility.

1 Like

Yeah, it was speculation based on last year’s timing for opening the vault. I figured they opened the vaults last year to help subsidize the loss of sponsorships, so I’m a bit surprised they aren’t doing it again.

2 Likes
2 Likes

A bit bizarre that none of the vault skins featured in the promo image (All Star Mercy, Tracer, and Rein) or promo video (SF Shock 2019 Championship) made it to the shop on launch day.

From what I can tell, the vault hasn’t been opened, and I’m wondering if they’re waiting until the West Play-Ins next week (when they opened the All Star vault last year), or until the Play-Offs to do it.

1 Like

if this happened will that OWL tracer skin come back ?

1 Like

Most likely. There were 2 vaults last year, one of which had all 6 All Star skins available. The other had 2 championship skins, an MVP skin, and the Brig Goats skin.

2 Likes

Are you sure about this leak? Because it looks a little bit fake.

Yeah, unless by Launch Day they mean when the game leaves Early Access, that ship has already sailed. I think it was a hoax.

1 Like

Well, we will find out in October 26 if this is going to happen or not. I’m really hoping to see the vault again but sadly, I don’t think it’s going to happen at least anytime soon.

Probably the vault will be available during the week of Playoffs and Grand Finals from October 30 – November 4, 2022. That’s my biggest bet.

1 Like

I really hope you’re right on that.

So that tweet was made by one of the Overwatch news outlets, but it was based on the Community Update 5 video from last month. Here’s another thread talking about it.

Per the video, they mention an “unvaulting”, but that could have just meant the fact that the skins that were available earlier in the year would come back to the OW2 shop, but that phrasing is what led to the information in the tweet, which was fully created by “Overwatch Cavalry”.

The big focus for OWL now is the 3 for 3 incentives they just announced a few days ago, which include the OWL grey skins, some player icons, name cards, and sprays. I don’t think they would want to add even more OWL stuff that could either confuse the community (“I watched for 30 hours, why didn’t I get the All Star skins?”) or get lost in the background of the other announcements, like the 3 for 3 incentives.

If the vault is re-opened, I’d imagine they do it with tomorrow’s big Halloween patch, and have the vault last 2 or 3 weeks. Otherwise, we’ll probably need to wait until next year to see if they re-open the vaults from last year.

1 Like

I think it’s definitely safe to say that it isn’t coming back at this point. Doesn’t the OWL Season end tomorrow?

Grand Finals are Friday, so yeah, it’s unlikely to see the vault open this year. The earliest I could see them opening the vault now would be early next year, like a month or so ahead of the start of season 6 to build hype.

What does this mean?

It means that they’re no longer concerned by the opinions of the fanbase because even after the huge reputation-ruining debacle that was the sexual misconduct lawsuit, they were still making money hand over fist.