No one noticed that Mercy got a change people asked for?

And me. And Grey.

I mean I’m no one but that’s still 3.

2 Likes

It’s “trust me bro” for sure. Most Mercy mains I know are also Widow mains.

I’m not, but all the others I know are.

I think a lot of Mercy mains are “like to be playing a slightly different game” style players.

Widow does that, Mercy does that, Mei and Sombra do that.

So there is a lot of cross over.

1 Like

Count me for 4.

But if I asked for a bottle of water and someone pissed on a cup, I wouldn’t be thankful for that. Dare I say whomever thought that would be funny should be thankful I don’t hit them harder.

Translation for dummies: Make weapon swap 0.2s + beam doesn’t break for Valk nor melee.

1 Like

Would help if they had separate sensitivity levels for Staff and Blaster…

2 Likes

Been lobbying for that since two thousand bloody eighteen.

I’m even past it at this point since I’m using universal sens now, but thanks for nothing T4.

Well, if I ever get around to making another one of these types of posts, I’ll throw that in there.

[OW2] Balance Design Blueprint

1. It doesnt solve mercy’s core issues and is merely QoL

This change has always been asked for as a quality of life buff not an actual buff of any value that will statistically improve the hero. It is in the same realm as people asking for her beam not to break when she ults. Are they both buffs? Sure. Will they make much of a difference except make the hero feel more fluid? No. The fact the devs are putting these changes across as actual ‘buffs’ is embarrassing on their behalf.

1. Improving the switch speed does next to nothing when there is still a noticeable delay before firing

Great i can pull out the pistol faster, but there is still a huge 0.5-1 second delay before you can even shoot your first shot after pulling it out that still exists. The biggest use for this ‘buff’ is actually that you can now swap back to your healing faster from your pistol. The EXACT opposite intention of the change which was to allow her to swap from her staff to her pistol faster so she can play more aggressive. Now its even easier to switch back to her staff and continue healbotting all game

1 Like

you can watch side by side comparisons of the old version vs the buff literally can’t even tell the difference.

Well, I don’t play Widowmaker, but if I have to flex to DPS it is Mei or Echo… So yeah, there is something there I guess.

1 Like

That’s not buff, more like Quality of Life change.

i noticed it first use
you shoud try playing more and writing less

Thats what i do 3/5 of the time. Every once in a while though itll be domething i can take out. Like junkrat, widdow, or a close range soljurn. Sombras ate usually smart enough to tp away before the last dhot but its eo funny when they dont.

No one asked for this.

And the difference is so minimal you don’t really notice it.

2 Likes

I play mercy and can confirm the change is minimal enough to not be there just as the pistol change. You can watch any mercy changes reviews and the opinion is shared within mercy mains. Maybe you should save that tude.

1 Like

Literally the worst, especially because her dps isn’t actually bad…doesn’t she output more than Moira?? Outside of damage orb.

Better yet, tape the pistol to her staff and have a separate button to shoot bullets so she can multitask.

We don’t need another ana/bap/brig/kiri/lucio/moira/zen

Some people were asking for it.

I personally never thought she needed the swap speed lowered and thought she needed about half a dozen changes before they thought about her swap speed. However I wasn’t really against getting it.

Now though? Between the fact that she got that before anything else and the little blurb about going offensive with Mercy has me concerned that they’re going to turn Mercy into yet another DPS with healing… as if we don’t already have 6 of them.

2 Likes

the weapon switch buff is unironically really good lol

it just isn’t enough and honestly just tweaking numbers in her kit never will be… the other supports all bring utility, damage, or both. mercy brings a damage boost that’s only useful if your dps can aim (so a lot of the time you’d be more useful playing another support and doing chip damage/getting picks yourself) and a resurrect with a very long cast time that makes it suicidal to use in a lot of scenarios. she needs a full rework to bring her up to the same level as other supports

I think the idea of a pure healer in OW is neat but right now it just doesn’t work with the direction the game is taking in balance and hero design

Like so others already said: its nice, but not something that helps her out a lot. She does not work in 5v5 without enough heal to be more than a DPS enabler / pocket. Make her a main healer again!

Mercy should have the highest single target healing in the game. She was build with that in mind! Every other hero that came out was better than her and this lead to the rework of her, where she was encouraged to play more with rezzes in mind… until everything was nerfed.

She might be not unplayable, but she is needing a rework. No more rez and no more damage boost. No more valk as ult. Give her a proper OW2 kind of rework. Keep the mobility and the healing beam, change the rest.

3 Likes