No one cares about LGBT heroes, well... you shouldn't care at least

It’s so hard to take people who comment back on something as simple as saying they’re allowed to discuss.

You come on here and say we need more LGBT representation, I disagree and explain to you why, then you tell me why you disagree or agree with me. It is a back and forth kind of thing. Is that not what a discussion is? If I ended in not replying to you, I bet you the first thing that runs through your head is “they just gave up because they know they’re wrong.”

communities like LGBTQ or whatever it is now, are very touchy communities.

any mistakes would be forgiven if they don’t double down… we are much more reasonable than you are making us sound

yea basically

Hanzo loving 76

I ship it, they are both traveling around, they could meet up and have a one night stand or something

anyway when they made tracer gay there wasn’t a huge outcry from people who shipped tracer with widow, not bigger than all the hets getting mad at a gay character anyway, I don’t think its going to be an issue,.

I feel like you are pulling reasons out of a hat, is there not some other reason deep down that you don’t wana share for not wanting gay characters?

1 Like

also another PS: yall only care so much that they NOT be included cuz ur homophobic/racist/ableist. its ok. we get it you can say it. its clear you dont want lgbt people to exist in games. You can just say you’re homophobic.

4 Likes

I seriously hope you are joking.

You make it seem like I have issues with people who are gay. I don’t. That is their lifestyle, and good for them. As long as their not shoving it down my throat telling me that they are gay, I don’t care.

so you aren’t gay yourself?

oh, so heres the real reason you don’t want gay people in overwatch?

I’m bisexual. I don’t shove it down people’s throats every chance I get.

sounds like internalized homophobia tbh but i won’t get into an argument abt that

how do you define “shoving it down peoples throats”

5 Likes

You are the typical person that uses the word homophobic whenever they can.

It doesn’t matter what conversation, nowadays people will find away saying they’re gay. It isn’t needed, I don’t need to know that.

1 Like

It seems someone always says that line when someone mentions something LGBT and makes them remember it exists

1 Like

Okay, here’s some examples for you. If my parents found out i’m bi i’d get kicked out. My trans friend WAS kicked out for being trans. A gay person can be fired, just for being gay, in 28 states in the US. Same for trans people in 30 states.
‘Widely accepted’ my ***.

3 Likes

Oh boy I’m late but

2 Likes

i use it when people are being homophobic, “shoving it down my throat” is homophobic copypasta at this point, its ok if you didn’t realize that but you should be aware its used in a way by some people to try to hide thier dislike of gay people.

yes people like talking about thier loved ones, its a shocker.

2 Likes

As long as it’s not icky gay it’s not “shoving down people’s throats”

Yay double standard.

2 Likes

Man 2018 is weird. Can have representation, can have it, can’t have it, can have it. If you care so much about game play shut up and play. If you care about lore then by all means voice your grievances or whatever.

Complaining about complaining. :ok_hand:

1 Like

they liked your post, i guess they think its not ok to be an “icky gay” lol

1 Like

What a heroes personality, orientations, aesthetic, etc. are a big part of why people have favorites. I know not everyone plays a character strictly for their character, but the abilities they provide. But still, it helps us relate a bit better to some characters and provide more identity to the game as a whole.

4 Likes

You’re allowed to be annoyed at the fact that people are constantly talking about how they’re gay.

I live in Canada, one of those most well known countries for acceptance. I constantly deal with people who comment/post/do anything related to stuff like gay representation. I’ve been called homophobic before, and it’s simply because people love spouting the word because they feel attacked.

1 Like

Threads like this suck.

What is wrong with wanting representation for your demographic in a video game? This applies to all demographics, not just LGBT people. Hispanic people, black people, Indian people, etc. What is wrong with wanting some of your culture, with wanting someone you can identify with, being in a game?

People don’t play Tracer because she is gay, they play her because she is fun and strong. The gay part is just one aspect to her character.

Seeing as there is such little positive representation for the LGBT community in videogames at all, I don’t think that there is anything wrong with wanting more representation, and having such a large and popular game like Overwatch bring that to the forefront is a monumental achievement, especially with how diverse their roster of heroes is with such a comparitively small cast to similar games.

Hell, a couple of years ago (say, 5-10) there would have been people up in arms about how many females where in this game because it would be seen as eating into the “feminist agenda” or some other bs.

Look, I agree in a sense that at the end of the day a characters sexuality doesn’t really matter, because hey, it is just a videogame, but there is nothing wrong with having or wanting someone from your demographic to relate to.

3 Likes

can you provide examples? Are you also annoyed about straight people talking about dates they went on and about thier partners?

canada still has lots of issues bud, you aren’t saying homophobia is over in canada i hope?

again give me examples

also if you don’t like what they talk about find different people?? You need to activly look for people talking about these things, its very easy to avoid them.

maybe its cause ur being a poophead, i bet you didn’t ask for explanations and just dismissed them?

3 Likes