No new map and no new hero?

should we wait till the end of blizzcon to confirm, or are we not getting these things within the next month?

It looks like new maps / heroes will be held till overwatch 2 release (not confirmed). None soon (confirmed).

1 Like

thanks, but isn’t Overwatch 2 possibly 18 months away?

I’m very sad, maybe we’ll get some QoL in leu of new maps and heroes in the interim

OW need different things than new heroes and maps. They need to actualy stop adding new ones for some time to fix many problems, including hero balance.

2 Likes

I wonder how well my idea would actually work in practice? I’d bet the meta would get to 6 must pics around 3300sr and stay those must picks down through bronze

BlameTheController believes that adding more heroes would make balancing easier. And I agree with him. I don’t care about Overwatch balance until they have about 45 heroes. And I think the game is balanced well enough.

right now we have 31 heroes. If 10 of them are must picks and 5 are throw picks, I would consider that balanced.

They did say Overwatch would continue to receive new content prior to Overwatch 2’s release.

It’s likely that, while Sojourn won’t be released til Overwatch 2, some of the other OW2 heroes they confirmed would be in the game @ launch will be released for Overwatch 1 first.

1 Like

If they stop adding new content then players will abandon the game in droves.

Besides, the team that creates new heroes is not the same team that does balancing, so they can do both at the same time.

I’m just concerned about the progression of Overwatch 1. I know it will happen, but I feel a little deprived. Maybe we’ll get some big stuff by march.

we need QoL for the LFG!

They said OW1 will continue to receive new stuff & updates ahead of OW2’s release, and even after OW2 is out OW1 will still get the heroes, maps & cosmetics that OW2 does.

The only thing OW1 won’t have that OW2 will is the PvE content and the Push PvP mode.

OW1 will have the Push PvP mode

Did they confirm that?

I thought they said the Push mode was going to be an OW2 thing.

yes, all new maps and all new heroes that come to OW2 will also be on OW1. The player base will not be split. I read all the reddit posts and watched all the youtube vids. Pretty sure OW 1 & 2 will get “Push” at the exact same time.

unfortunately you’re right. that is good balance for a competitive game with many characters. in smash brothers melee we were lucky to have 8-10 of the cast of 20+ be viable.

the # of viable chars in ow is reasonable given how hard it is to balance competitive games. However, it would be nice if 3-4 chars per role were equally viable, regardless of map. But I think that won’t happen for a very long while

just thought of this, they could publish win rates in the overwatch client (whether private profile or not)

it would hasten the balance process. because lot of people would pick the winningest heroes, thus mandating a nerf.

loosing heroes would be discarded, demanding a buff

and they should post map specific hero win/loss rates as well, and let you view these spread sheets during the hero select screen.

the overwatch client is great for everyone except the coach :cry:

does SSB do anything like this?

lol, no .I just used to play melee a lot. and I have come to accept that games that most characters will not be balanced. I’m just surprised that after a dozen seasons of soldier being garbage and widow being amazing…that maybe they should apply a balance patch to even those out at some point:\

at least mccree has been buffed to relevant levels, though he’s still subpar compared to snipers/doomfist

Okay, that’s cool then.

I’ve been watching all the Blizzcon panels live and obviously missed the bit where they said about Push coming to OW1!

1 Like

at what SR are you talking about balance? because unless it’s well about Diamond, I’m not concerned. Although they say they want to balance for all levels, personally I don’t agree with this philosophy.

I’m still surprised people haven’t moved on from this Dumpster Fire of a game yet. It’s hemorrhaging problems, and has been for season after season. Keep an eye on the patch updates of course, but until the OW Devs get it together?

Why spend time on this game? The devs themselves have shown they give not a care in the world about players in low ranks, which is the vast sweeping bulk of the playerbase.

i’m always going to play the premier team based (D&D ability) PvP game. it just happens that OW wears the crowd. I welcome a contender.