NO more crashes \o/ Thank you NICOLE!

I am so happy that I was able to fix my issues with my Game crashing randomly. This was going on for months and months. Nicole really helped me by explaining the DDU tool.

Original thread here

After running DDU and installing the latest version of the NVIDIA driver my crashing went away completely. (ROG STRIX 1080TI GPU) but I had to give it about a month or so to be sure. It was very random and it would take awhile before it actually happened. Game would just freeze with no errors and I would hear sound stuck in a loop. I had to force quit the game (ALT+F4) . In event viewer it would show a TDR event (blah blah recovered successfully)

I was almost convinced my PSU was bad, glad it was just a simple fix.

THANK YOU NICOLE!!! :heart: :heart:

Now my Dad just got me the new ROG STRIX 2080TI as an early birthday present, so far so good no crashes here either. \o/

1 Like

Aww shucks. You’re welcome! Happy birthday and happy gaming! :partying_face:

1 Like

I’ve been having game freezing crashes in Overwatch on and off for the last few months. I’m using a RTX2080Super. Sometimes reverting back to earlier nVidia drivers would seem to work. But then I’d miss out on improvements with other games. But now it was crashing anywhere from the 1st game on boot up, to the a few games later.

I tried several other things. But no luck. Then I found this thread. I had heard about using DDU. So I finally gave it a try. I got my current rig in Nov 2014.

I DL’d the latest nVidia drivers, but did not install them yet. I booted up in Safemode without internet. So I could run DDU, and have it do it’s thing with uninstalling old nVidia drivers. Was pretty quick. Then I installed that newset nVidia drivers. Then had it restart into normal mode.

So far so good. Have done about 6 games since last night’s running of DDU. No crashes.

Thank you.

1 Like