No Love for Bots?

This would be like such a small thing. The bots are equal to like 1000-1500 sr rank ie not a large chunk of thr player base… the rest never touch em.

1 Like

I would love to see how the AI handles flying and resurrect. Mercy and Pharah bots please, and a new training map.

1 Like

Is it even worth adding bots?
Didn’t the developers once say that the least played mode was playing against AI?

(Don’t get me wrong though. I would love to have more bots in the game.)

The least played mode might be vs ai, however custom games are in need of some new bots.

2 Likes

Of course its the least played mode, because the mode is very bad and useless!

Some bots would be borderline AI to code, such as making a main tank that can create space

Apparently bots doesn’t bring money.

Resurrect is no problem: to to an ally and revive. The flying logic has to do with ne navigation system. In Paladins you will find the flying hero Drogoz. The Drogoz Bot use the default navigation system like all bots, so the bot never know that he is in the air or not. That will mean the bot can’t fly to a specific location, he only follows the default path. And it works very good, but the only problem is a gate. If he is in the air, he will collide with the wall.

2 Likes

I love playing bots, and would also love more of them.

A proper Widowmaker/Hanzo, a Torb that can place its turret at a distance from a payload instead of walking up to it and starting to hammer while you shoot it, a symmetra bot … all of those would be nice.

I know it’s not a trivial thing to write an “AI” like that. Still, if we had at least one of each class of bot, that would be nice.

Also, a while ago I noticed that bots gained the ability to flank. That was awesome, thanks to whoever added that! It makes the bot fights so much better.

Having them use sprays, emotes etc. would be fun, but isn’t that high on my list.

1 Like

The arcade bring no money too, or ranked. Only Skins (Lootboxes). So i think they should no longer bring new content and more lootboxes. A new map? That bring no money! So cancelled.

1 Like

The AI mode does get played a lot. I’ve started it. And 3 seconds of starting an AI search, found match. Rarely do I ever sit waiting to find one.

2 Likes

My god… I completely forgot those game modes even exist DAMN. Do people really play it that much??

I saw people that play vs AI only. And they had 1000 of matches, because the attack round is always won in <2min. That mean you will get allot of XP (win bonus etc.)

Yes. That’s why VS AI isn’t removed. I’d rather play with friends for a few hours. Than deal with PVP crap half the time. At this point.

1 Like

XP is nerfed vs AI so you can’t level up by exploiting AI.

Also, matches are not 2 minutes. You get Attack/Defense/Control in rotation and Defense takes the entire time no matter how well you play, as does Control.

Also also, it has been said that bots play low SR, true, but they aim like mofo, do use all abilities and the fact that they mix up low SR and high SR stuff do mix things up. I like that they expose positioning issues pretty well.

Also also also, I think the focus fire on humans in the detriment of other bots, cause I tried an all-bot thing and they kept melting me.

Yep, that’s me lol; playing vs ai only with friends (and perhaps other bot allies depending on the game).

Also, I’d love to bots to get potg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smmmg1vt4n0

1 Like