No hit reg is bad

Anyone else seeing this? In my years here I have never really experienced this… The past week, I’m seeing it a lot!

1 Like

I notice I get more no regs when the menu navigation feels sluggish or lagged. Sometimes a exiting and reopening will fix it, sometimes not.

Its random but yes i noticed 3 types of occurrences with Hit Registry failing.

• DDoS hack (latency/ping hack that introduces false packets to emulate the player to look like they are lagging or playing at 15fps or lower) Causes other players to lag, lag out, drop from the match.

• servers pooling players out of range. I.e. US east coast players playing on West Coast or EU servers. Which effectively doubles (from average of 50 to 100) latency and significantly reduces Hit Registry at the current 64-67Tic server rate by an additional 30%.

• when getting near peak, it seems that a forced, at least to me its forced, reduction in hit detection. One thing I noticed in this game is when you are on a hot win streak or forced loss streak, the spread and recoil patterns change. Im not talking playing like crap and your just spraying and praying. Ive actually noticed the spread zones on projectile and hitscans are manipulated. When you are climbing up to your your current peak, the spread on those heroes is tighter and more controllable. When youre about to be on a forced loss through a losing streak, that spread becomes wider and shots you know you land dont register properly if at all. Its as if an extra RNG as added to manipulate and control progression.

2 Likes

After tracer event update the pings have been fluctuating in the range of 5 ms, leading to double hack animation and occasional no-hit reg

Since the update before that heroes are not rendering after selection screen like they normally would, I’m wondering if the two are related?

This is an interesting idea, as an example of dynamic difficulty adjustment. Not saying it happens, but that reports guy is always on about it too.

2 Likes