No Falloff Dmg / Hitscan

• Convert Hitscan into Projectile
• Use current Max Distance falloff range to dictate Velocity of Projectile so that such behaves as Hitscan up until that range is reached
• Now Hitscan have to aim like Projectile Heroes leading shots at the furthest ranges while also being Hitscan as usual w/in optimal Dmg ranges just via Velocity alone
• Hitscan now have 0 falloff Dmg just like Projectile Heroes

To me that sounds perfect. I don’t play anything but Projectile Heroes so I’m curious what Hitscan players think.

Terrible idea?

1 Like

Seems fine to me. But I’m sure lots of people will hate this since they hate a change lol.

4 Likes

I have played a ton of Hanzo, Pharah & Genji and I know in certain ranges it’s just the same as Hitscan until a certain point due to distance alone.

I don’t play Hitscan but if I did I would want No Falloff Dmg just like Projectile Heroes have & I would learn to lead shots outside of my optimal range just for that NO Falloff Dmg bonus.

Maybe such wouldn’t even work. Idk tbh. It just sounded good to me.

yes, at melee distance its about same as hitscan.

Lets just equip whole roster with hammers

2 Likes

At close range you can afford to be very inaccurate with projectile because of the hitbox size.

2 Likes

Yeah lmao. It’s not that bad but Mei & Hanzo get halfway decent range aiming w/o leading targets. I guess such all depends upon angles too tbh.

What about Hitscan though?
Hanzo Arrows move 110 m/s

What sort of velocity would Hitscan need to maintain firing directly at targets until outside of falloff range?

Is it even doable……… for the sake of no falloff Dmg. I do not know.

Sounds like that would screw up tanks more than anything since their hitboxes are so large.

I’d rather not.

5 Likes

With OW2 incoming Blizzard is deleting Tanks anyways & replacing them w/ Mega Boss status instead since they doing the work of 2 Tanks solo soon.

Nah, I prefer my hitscan to be hitscan. Do I look like an Ana main to you? If yes, I am not. Because she is a fraudulent hitscan.

You would still be “Hitscan” up until the farthest reaches out of current Falloff range where you would be doing Max Damage 70 for McCree instead of 21 Dmg

I wouldn’t pass that up if Blizzard offered Hitscan such if I personally played those Heroes.

That’s more than triple the DPS

1 Like

My most played hero is Hanzo and 2nd most played hero is Soldier76 or Torb.

There are so many issues with projectiles and hitscans in the game, and Im talking about the engine-level issues not hero balance. Dunno if it can be fixed without making it completely different game. And then on top of it you have the balancing issues. Its total mess.

What issues do you have in mind w/ the game engine itself?

What issues do you have in mind w/ the game engine itself?

May be later in evening Ill write the wall-of-text rant about issues with projectiles and why hitscans dominate the game :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe you are right, it is just a sour spot for me as I loved going for cross map headshots and they nerfed basically only mean because nobody competent went for max fall off shots.

Do you mean like bullets with drop off projectiles?

There’s several BR games in the past like that and it’s pretty much garbage, and OW maps aren’t nearly big enough to support it.

Bad idea.

I have yet to see any “mega” or “boss”, nor have I seen a release date.

1 Like

If you want to lead your shots, then go play Apex. Why change a game to be what you want when there are already other games that do what you want…

1 Like

Well that sounds like a balance issue, but what’s the engine-level issue you have? Surely that wouldn’t take too long to describe?

Idk about Apex. Idc about Apex.

The logic makes sense.

I don’t need to play Apex to have my own opinion.

1 Like

Except the logic doesn’t make sense. It doesn’t fit OW’s maps at all. BR games have this because they are WIDE OPEN MAPS without a single objective but a closing ring.

You’re trying to fit a circle into a square peg here.

1 Like