No compatible graphics hardware was found (0xe00701b0)

For the past week or so, Overwatch 2 (and MWII coincidentally) will not launch, stating that there is no compatible graphics hardware detected. I found a previous thread with the same issue with a similar PC to mine and did what was told there, and it did not fix anything.

Link to that thread: "No compatible graphics hardware was found."

Edit: Link to my dxdiag here: https://pastebin.com/aGWLCrAM

Edit 2: Really glad no one has helped yet and it’s been like a week lmao. Oh well.

So, I did some more digging into this topic:
It seems like it might be an AMD driver bug for people who also use SteamVR (specifically for the 2 cases of this issue I’ve seen so far, people who have a 6900 XT and a Valve Index). It seems as though once the VR hardware is installed, the driver breaks for not only Overwatch and MWII (which I figured was only because both are Activision/Blizzard games), but actually other non-VR games as well. VR games as far as I have noticed are fine.

I did a reinstall of the graphics drivers recently and found them working again until I plugged in my Index again today.

Broken Desktop games I’ve seen so far:
Overwatch 2
MWII
GTA V

AMD Driver Version: 22.11.2

1 Like

Finally someone with the actual problem I’m having, shame there isn’t a definitive solution other than reinstalling and not plugging in the index. but I have a 6900xt and index and been having awful issues with a variety of games

Same issue. I reported this to AMD and sent them this link.

Also noted that Black Desert Online (Not a Blizz game, but nontheless) also is affected by this. When BDO won’t run, neither will Overwatch. So, it’s not just blizz games affected / definitely an AMD issue.

Wow, just Wow.
I had exactly the same problem today (OW2, AMD GPU and using Valve Index with SteamVR).
Unplugged the Index, deactivated my GPU drivers, reactivated them and it’s working now!
Thank you!
(Also i’m on the exact same drivers version)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.