No Big updates! 13 GB!

thx for the honest apology :+1:

That’s not how it works. OW + every update is still less than half the size of most major games, we don’t need huge downloads like this out of the blue.

The thing is, it appears that the PTR download contained the majority of what was in the latest patch.

They could have told players they had a big update coming and downloading the PTR and copying it over would have significantly cut the launch day download.

Logistically, as someone with a slow internet connection a massive difference exists between downloading two GB and downloading 8-14 GB especially when you have other users on the network.

Only 13 gig for you?

It’s 18.82 gig for me on Xbox One…

1 Like

Now if only they could start openly discussing some of the feedback in the Mercy megathread :slight_smile:. There’s no denying they did a decent job with the recent new mission however.

first post and its about this … Its frustrating to get home now i have to DL the game on 2mb connection yay me. I read the dev posts and i do not care your sorry does not get me in game. GG

Come on man. The game isn’t going anywhere. Get a better internet connection if you’re going to throw a temper tantrum about having to wait.

1 Like

The thing is, I have other games with comparable patch sizes that download in an 8th of the time. The only problem child seems to be Blizzard games. Diablo 3 had the same issues.

1 Like

No, you don’t. Look at your download speed when you do it (through task manager).

I’ve been monitoring my bandwidth usage since the download started (comes with sharing a 7Mb line). It’s been maxed the entire time and I’ve downloaded 11/14gb so far with no signs of it stopping.

Some people have only had to download a portion of the update but it’s pretty clear that not everyone was that lucky.

I’ve got worst download speed then 8MB and it didn’t take to long

It would’ve been nice to have this sort of patch at a time when there is little else going on (that way, not much else to update and people wouldn’t be clamouring to get into a really neat event). Doing it during Retribution just feels a bit cheap.

2 Likes

You can downloading a throttling program, to allow your computer to only use a percentage of your connection.

I think it is also possible to go into the Blizzard client and adjust the download cap for updates.

1 Like

This is incredibly ignorant and out of touch with reality. There are literally millions of people even in the United States that have very slow internet connections because ISPs are greedy and just don’t care.

Where I live in Colorado, the fastest internet you can get is 1.5 Mbps. That’s mega BITS per second. Using up ALL of my bandwidth brings me to a whopping 160 KB/s download speed. It takes multiple hours per gigabyte.

There is no alternative in areas like this besides satellite internet, which is useless for gaming and wireless internet that requires direct line of sight to a cell tower, which simply doesn’t happen in some places, particularly areas with a lot of trees or other obstructions.

Even if you want to use some garbage statistic about X% of US citizens having at least Y bandwidth, you’re still talking about very large numbers of people below that number. Dismissing the experience of a large number of people because they are a statistical minority is just kind of pathetic.

3 Likes

And some 3 hours later and it’s still only 50% done downloading on Xbox despite the fact I’ve got NBN! (Australia’s fastest Internet, for those not in the know)

Why this didn’t update overnight is beyond me since I have my Xbox set to auto update!

I’ve also had the update just completely stop 3 times now. No idea why it’s doing that but it’s getting really frustrating!

No other updates of this size take this long. Heck, Far Cry 5 downloaded faster than this update!

Why is it going so slowly?

Oh man, the OP wasn’t joking.

It’s gonna take me at least a full day to download that.

26% of my monthly cap. I’ll do it but re: OP

you sorry? You are all lazy there

Should I feel guilty that I downloaded it in mere minutes on my 80Mbps (around 8-9 MB/sec) unlimited bandwidth vDSL connection with PlusNet here in the UK? :frowning:

1 Like