[Nintendo Switch] Huge performance issues still not fixed

The recent update fixed the sound issues. And that’s it. The massive fps drops still remain. It’s been already posted a lot of times but since there is no response from the developers I guess I’ll keep doing it.

We wouldn’t have paid for a clunky mess dropping to 15 fps every single time something happens on the screen. It was advertised as a solid 30 fps experience. And that’s what we got, and I am (was) thankful for it.

A solid 30 fps experience is what we got indeed. Until the PachiMari update. Then it all went down. I hate you, patch 1.58.

And for anyone wondering, no, playing docked is not a solution by any means. The whole point of OW on the Switch is the handheld mode. If I wanted to play on a big screen I’d rather turn my PC on and play at 60+fps.

It’s not like the console can’t handle it because it worked absolutely fantastic before the PachiMari event. That’s the whole point. It w-o-r-k-e-d.

I’ve seen quite a few threads about this problem around here and Reddit, so I assume they must be aware of the issue.

We are users of this game like any other player, I don’t understand why we should be mistreated like this. At least we deserve an explanation. Just say something about it, ignoring the issue won’t make it disappear…

I really think this should’ve been fixed within a few days because playing at 15 fps can cause severe brain damage.

Come on guys, show me the good ol’ “Blizzard polish”.

EDIT: I don’t know if it’s just me but some sounds are still too loud. The sound bug doesn’t look fixed to me. What is this.

4 Likes

I have the same Problem…
At least they fixed the fps drops for all highlight intros.
I mean overwatch on switch is not unplayable if you play easy heros like Mercy or Reinhardt but with skill-based heros like Widowmaker, Ana or Hanzo its almost impossible.
For me as a widow main it’s really pissing me of, when I’m using her Ult the frames drops to 25 fps until my ult is gone.
I just pray for a fix i mean it’s been 2 weeks with this issues.

1 Like

yep, same here. they can’t keep ignoring it forever lmao

1 Like

As much as I love playing Overwatch on Switch, it has moments that make me think it was half-a***d (Please excuse the profanity). I listed all of the issues I have come across in one of my previous posts.

I hope they fix these issues soon. Especially the sound one. I am not playing Overwatch until that one in particular is fixed.

2 Likes

Wanna bet…?

3 Likes

You called it buddy.

2 Likes

still not fixed, please do something blizzard

1 Like

The problem affects docked mode players as well, not even just handheld. I solely play docked, but haven’t been able to play comp all season because the new low fps makes it so hard to actually play.

2 Likes

yep, docked is definitely having some issues as well

1 Like