Nintendo Switch crashes playing Season 9

My just says unexpected error and crashes since season 9 started

2 Likes

Same here.
I pay battle pass and I can’t play the game …

2 Likes

Game keeps crashing mid match. Losing endorsement level. Getting suspended. Knowing blizzard they don’t give a hell about console players so they probably won’t fix this until mid season or when the bebop Collab drops. Apparently some other console players are constantly crashing too. FIX THIS!

9 Likes

I have the same issue, 1 crash per hour…
I was excited about season 9 but this is a step backward
First they made terrible skins on season 8 and now they make new bugs? awful
They souldn’t fire the programmers

2 Likes

It’d be cool if they would at least communicate they are working on it or something. They barely even acknowledged it.

2 Likes

Combining multiple threads about the same issue into this single topic. Apologies, the order of some of the posts are going to be a little strange!

We’re aware of the issues being experienced with the Nintendo Switch and it’s actively being worked on. For now, we’ve added a callout for this issue on the Known Issues list:

We’ll aim to provide updates there as they become available.

5 Likes

Happy to see acknowledgment and communication it is being worked on.

5 Likes

is there an eta on when it will be fixed?

4 Likes

I’ve stopped playing completely since it kept crashing on my switch yesterday. I deleted and reinstalled. Looked for corrupted data. Restarted my whole system. Still got booted from all matches. Anyone hear of any fixes coming soon?

4 Likes

Not one that I am able to share, sorry.

I can set out the general process though (you may be familiar with it but I’ll share it for the benefit of others as well) -

1. Overwatch team receives the crash reports (both from external reports like these forum posts but also through internal system)
  2. Overwatch team investigates the crash to determine the root cause (this step can vary in length depending on the complexity of the systems involved)
  3. Overwatch team develops a fix for the crash and submits it for QA testing
  4. Overwatch QA runs the fix through a series of tests to ensure that the targetted issue is resolved, but also that the fix hasn’t caused other unexpected issues
  5. The process for releasing PC patches and Console patches is a little different but once final sign off is given by all parties it can be made available for users to download.

This is a very basic outline, and sometimes you loop back through step 2-4 because your first attempt to fix something doesn’t always have the expected outcome. That’s also why it can be difficult to provide an ETA. Even though Estimated is the first part of ETA, it’s often taken as a promised date. The Overwatch team wants to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

6 Likes

Is there a chance of compensation because some of us have spent a lot of money for the battle pass and have no other option for playing overwatch. and while I personally don’t mind waiting to play, its a bit frustrating not knowing when we’ll be able to play again and if our money would be wasted on the bp if the fix takes a while. :frowning: that and people actually getting temp bans for leaving mid-match when it isn’t their fault.

8 Likes

its not like id rage quit the whole game if they didn’t give anything either, there’s no fault in asking though :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Will there be fixes for endorsement levels going down from this crash??

8 Likes

I appreciate you just trying to do your job. Just very disappointed in blizzard (not you). Haven’t played since season 1. Finally heard good things. Then this? God i miss OW1 that game was playable.

2 Likes

I don’t care about money compensation or other things. but i just want my endorsement level back, cause i just got to endorsement level 4 and have been keeping it, and now since i don’t play cause it’ll just crash, it’s going to go back down to level 3 and i’m going to struggle trying to get it back up again

3 Likes

Same issue here… And I’m both new to overwatch, AND new to playing on the switch.
So, it got frustrating quickly… I hope they fix this soon!

Makes the game unplayable.

2 Likes

I’ve stopped playing until this bug gets patched because I refuse to be banned for the game crashing. I’ve already gotten an hour suspension.

5 Likes

Dude, turn off the kill cam. Haven’t you noticed that since the update, the game’s transitions are cut a bit? At least in switch. I think that’s detonating the bug. Yesterday I turn off the kill cam and played 3 hours without any issue.

4 Likes

Trying now in a qp game. I’ve gotten use to not dying.

1 Like

When i wrote ticket about me having the same problem with OW 2 on Switch in season 9, they only replied that i should play custom matches to avoid penalties and that they are ofc aware of this pronlem…

1 Like