New Updates to Hero Pools, TL;DR included

TL;DR:

• Hero Pools will use League data, but will use Competitive Ladder data when the season is over.
  • They will work on the algorithm that curates the Hero Pools.
  • Hero Pools will only apply to match to where the average SR (Yes, that will finally mean something) is 3500+.
  • Hero Pools will be removed from competitive starting May 4 until they implement the system for it only applying to 3500+ average SR games.
1 Like

I guess this topic would have made more sense in the general discussion and not in the comp discussion aswell :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I took the generally more important bits.

1 Like

They’re just giving another incentive to smurf which currently is a massive issue to the point where you can’t tell whether someone is a new player or a smurf

3 Likes

Only about 3% of the player base are in Masters+. I think Jeff said something in the thread about it alluding to doing something about it, idk. I read it pretty vaugely.

lol, just noticed it. Thanks for noticing!

Yeah. And if you read the comments in the Main Post, a lot of people are worried about those players smurfing/throwing to lower ranks, so They don’t have to deal with the bans.

And, honestly, that wouldn’t surprise me.

Yup. I’m expecting an uptick in Smurfs and throwers.

Hell, man, they keep this up, Gold/Plat will be the new Master and GM. Because, as it stands right now, You cant be in any group bigger than a two stack in Diamond+, and these bans will be for Master+. So, that added on top of the excruciatingly long Q times for those ranks, who’s really going to want to play up there?

It wouldn’t surprise me, once All this is implemented, if most Diamond+ players didn’t have a least one other account at a lower rank to: avoid bans, play with friends, have shorter Q times, or a combination of the three.

TL;DR

Mercy won’t be banned ever again

That is a prospect I am OK with

(not a raving mad Mercy main, just someone upset at the fact Lucio and Ana haven’t been banned more)