New Tank in 5 Weeks

I honestly wish they’d reconsider and try to push the next support out.

Support is still the smallest role and still requires 2 players to queue.

Queue times have been pretty bad.

2 Likes

this tank, although I’m sure they will be fun, isn’t what the game needs. it will cause higher tank queue times which will just make the game worse for existing tank mains. also it will probably take like 5 weeks to unlock the hero anyway

1 Like

yah, cause the game needs yet another tank …

It’ll be Zarya 2 since they clearly love her so much grumbles

Yeah because we def need more dps right? /s

I’d prefer more Support tbh, and fix the ones we have so they at least feel fresh and inline with the faster pace of OW2, most are untouched from OW1.

1 Like

They already confirmed that new heroes coming in 2023 are supports.

1 Like

I think if they aren’t going to hard focus on converting DPS/Tank players to Support, they really need to be doing what they can to make Ex-Mercy players very happy to come back and play.

That, or push out the “April Support Hero” in December.

Although I guess something related to Pink Mercy could do that. But I would imagine there’s “political” reasons for that.

They’re going to alternate after this season is my understanding. We’re actually getting a new map that’s tied to the hero as well.

But after this it’ll be season 3 map, season 4 hero, season 5 map, season 6 hero, etc.

I thought about it more and the BP only seems fairly priced based on how egregious the shop prices are. Really the BP is mostly filled with fluff like sprays, player icons, voice lines that we’d get so easily from boxes in OW1…

Sure, it’s not that expensive. But buying it is accepting the absolute horrible decision to lock heroes. I’d suggest you join me angrily grinding for several weeks, or give up and quit this game.

They said they were working on 2-3 supports back in 2018 when they released Ashe. We’ve gotten 2 since then including Kiriko.

I do believe that they are actually working on them now, but the fact that we got a tank AND a DPS in the beta and Kiriko came with launch is a little telling with their priorities.

A lot of us saw the writing in the walls in beta 1 with almost zero changes to supports and nothing new to play with.

Fast forward to now and queue timers are bad for the other roles because no one wants to play support in DPSwatch.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the hero after the December tank is DPS and then support after that.

Why do I keep seeing this statement repeated while my DPS & Support queues on PC US East are both a minute or less and Tank is under 3 minutes?

You guys must be playing in a less populated region/platform, your long queues do not exist for everyone.

I play support so my queues are instant. My partner plays a lot of tanks and my queue timers go up to 5 minutes when playing with him.

We’ll see tomorrow

1 Like

My DPS queues are really fast too, typically a minute or less. I play Tank pretty often and haven’t waited more than 3 minutes the last several times I played. What region/platform are you?

I’m just stoked I’ll be able to get back to playing my main (zarya lol) as all the attention wll finally be on another tank :sweat_smile:

But you always had the free choice of whichever tank you wanted to pick in Overwatch 2 :man_shrugging:t5:. There’s no one to compete with.

Why would you not be able to play zarya now? The only thing a new tank would do is increase the tank queue.

…ahhh so they are released regardless of battle pass status, just clearing that up! :slight_smile: