New Symmetra/LifeWeaver comic

You know, it’s quite sad that we see Satya portrayed as this super capable person in the comics, but reality is so very lacking.

In the comic, she’s portrayed as a force to be reckoned with, capable of handling odds most people would run away from, slaying hordes of null sector bots, single handedly dispatching a Rhino, with little effort…

Load into Overwatch: Stub toe on pebble = Dead.

What’s this they speak of in the comics? Personal shield? Variable sized Teleporters? Turrets that instantly start firing once crafted? Multiple teleporters in a row? Personal shields along with a shield wall?

Yeah, we got none of that in game.

1 Like

Symmetra is a super ironic character who is apparently one of the preeminent creatives in the entire world and yet her kit in game is like

three turrets
teleporter
big wall

and that’s it.

Symmetra in lore vs symmetra in game

Reaper in lore vs reaper in gameplay

The iconic duo of “failure at my hero fantasy”

We can’t have a lore accurate Symmetra or people would cry about it. I’d like it if she could make little shields like that one Mirrorwatch Widow has. That, in addition with her turrets, could allow you to set up defenses and it would make for new and interesting gameplay.

But people would unironically say “but now I can’t shoot her, so its a bad change and she should be nerfed”. You can’t have fun with her kit design wise because of the whining.

1 Like

Its a mix of what Ducky said, plus the devs’ apathy to making Sym a decent hero in the real game.

Devs literally took symm that people were content with - she was good enough for mains to be happy and almost noone was whining about her being too good, and decided to give her absolutely the worst set of balance changes in the game

This is more about lore vs reality, rather than begging for changes. I do appreciate the input though Warlock.

Oh yeah, the Sombra reveal short with Reaper was great abilities-wise.

If only.