New Symmetra should have more HP

But the fact is that doesn’t sound enough to compensate, she wont be a long range hero, her beam will be somewhat mid-range at most, and her orbs still have charge time. I mean literally every hero that needs to stay in mid/close range have some mobility selfheal or barrier.

1 Like

Two rein shields + an Orisa shield + 100 EXTRA shield isn’t good enough? Lawl.

We all would, but we have to wait for it. Supposedly it’ll be on ptr “very soon!” Kappa

1 Like

Plot twist : what if there is no Reinhardt or Orisa in the team ?

Also, I don’t understand what you mean by “two Rein shields” and “100 extra shield”. Are you talking about Sym’s new ult and Brig’s armor ?

I have been asking this question too. She should not be 200 health anymore with Rework 3.0. I keep wondering if she is 250 (100+150) or 275 (100+175).

I also wonder what her weapon range is now.

I hope the devs can answer these questions. I check the forums every day for the new PTR update.

Looking forward to Symmetra 3.0

2000 + 2000 + 900 + 100 = 5000 HP barrier

That’s her ultimate that’s more than enough survivability lmfao.

PLUS she has more range on her left click and exploding right click orbs that do more damage than Pharah rockets.

It is confirmed her beam is longer than 7-9 meters. We don’t know what it is though.

I would agree if they made her hitbox more reflective of those heroes. All those heroes you just mentioned in addition to having 250hp have some of, if not the most, unfavorable hitboxes in their classes particularly Reaper, Brigette, and Doom. Symmetra, on the other hand, has one of the most favorable hitboxes in the game.

1 Like

If as they say she can completely cancel grav/dragon, the animation on teleporter is fast enough as to get her out of a pinch

1 Like

Where do these numbers even come from ? It’s impossible to have two Reins at once.

Also, by “survivability”, I mean “something that can be used multiple times in the same fight so that Sym doesn’t die”. Calling this new barrier “survivability” would be the same as saying Zenyatta has survivability because his ult makes him fast and invincible for 6 seconds. It doesn’t work like that.

And even though her new orbs seem pretty strong, I would argue that it doesn’t matter. What’s the point of having such a strong attack if you are easy to kill ? You can’t run away, you can’t protect yourself, you can just charge your orb and hope it will hit the enemy on the first try, because you will most likely die if it doesn’t.

Seriously…

You have an ultimate equivalent to the shielding power of 2 Rein shields an Orisa shield and an extra 100 hp to make a grand total of 5000 HP which stretches infinitely vertically and horizontally.

Orbs that travel faster and you can shoot them from a huge distance same as turrets won’t keep you safe? Seriously?

You will have the range equivalent of the backline healers pretty sure 15M was floating around and that’s the distance of a Moira right click.

Plus a left click which recharged upon shooting barriers. Like what more could you ask for? Symmetra is becoming a tank buster.

You also need to realize Symmetra is going to now be considered a DPS which is priority to keep alive by backline healers.

You also have Symmetra teleporter for escape too that’s a 25M distance escape lol.

Need to wait before the judgement on survivability can be fully established. By the looks of numbers Symmetra is going to pack a punch.

Oh, my bad. Seems like I didn’t understand what you were saying.

Still, I wouldn’t call her ult “survivability”. Since it is infinite in size, it can be destroyed by anybody, anywhere. Plus, it’s still a shield, meaning a single EMP will delete it.

I agree Sym will demolish tanks, but what about that annoying Tracer running in the back, poking you while keeping her distance ? Sym will be pretty vulnerable to flankers… Which isn’t really an issue because every character should have some sort of counterplay, but my point still stands : Symmetra will become a glass canon, like Zelda and Mewtwo in Smash Bros. (best game btw), aka a character with highly damaging attacks but easy to kill.

And the TP… Yeah, I forgot about that, the devs said she will be able to use it in a Grav to allow her team to escape.

What makes you so sure her TP will be instant? It will probably have some set up time, which means it may not be used during a fight. More of a positioning tool if anything.

they said she uses it to reliably break DragonGrav, if that’s the case then that teleporter is nearly insta cast

She’s supposed to be a Glass Cannon though.

They said she can use it from “far away” to get her team out of grav. They didn’t say anything about her being in the grav and using the tp from there.

the way they discribe it I think you can throw your turrets at people and they will shoot them. you could use those to be aggressive

The teleporter works both ways, she can place it while inside grav and move away or place it from far away into grav, either way, grav only lasts for 4 seconds, which means that the animation has to be between 0.5 seconds to a full second, either way it’s pretty fast for the benefits it brings

And look at how that worked out for her!

You do realize that 95% of movement abilities can’t be used when caught by graviton right?

This is exactly what I thought when I heard shield gen wasn’t a thing anymore. Preach man, preach.