New suggestion: auto-ping active targets

Tl;dr - my thoughts are, trying to get this game to be as close to a “voiceless” scrum match as possible.

Well first I’ll start with the vision, but maybe the easy implementation is just using the pinging system.

As a dps, I was thinking as I shoot someone, an indicator can show-up automatically as to who I am shooting. Red square with some arrows. Same or different as the ping.

Tank, maybe can ping or indicate areas of interest.

Supports maybe can show who they are healing atm.

What will this accomplish? Voiceless interactions. Ping-less mind set.

Why? I’m an old guy. So me even trying to describe as I’m doing I can fumble with words and actions. And sometimes I switch targets and I run out the ping timing. That’s why I thought a soundless indicator maybe useful.

1 Like

cant conflict with current pings so needs to be VERY good info to avoid displacement of manual pings.

not just when u land shots, but when all damage dealt which results in target status: 1/2 hp originated from 1 player (needs to be said, is relevant) then it auto pings.

so every max range widow hanzo crit gets autoping as does tracer 1/2 clip crit, etc

ppl that think its too strong, remember that your heroes vocally writhe in agony when damaged yet you still must spam X need healing

I’m all for it.

If we agree “scrim games” are the ideal to overwatch, then let’s bring that communication as much as we can.

Maybe that’s all adjustable information.

Adjustable from the producer and from the receiver of information.