New Sombra is a meme

Yeah, I mean Sombra is cancer and people who play her are basically trolls.

2 Likes

I just have fun with Sombra in QP. at least people are allowed to play her and Symmetra there

2 Likes

Exactly this. I feel like all these reworks have purely been geared towards OWL, and not for anyone on the ladder.

New Sombra only exists for OWL, so that a highly coordinated team can pull off the perfect dive.

New Symm only exists for OWL, so a highly coordinated team can pull off a crazy new strat that completely bypasses the usual chokes.

Try any of that on ladder, and see where it gets you:

Be a spectator as new Sombra, and watch in details exactly how your team is trickling in or not focusing targets.

Split your team in two as new Symmetra, because half the team isn’t in voice to hear the call about using TP, or half the team thought “I do what I want” and refuses to use TP and attack as a team.

I’m fairly convinced the focus isn’t “we don’t want any hero to be a troll pick so we reworked them” so much as “how can we spice up OWL games”

2 Likes

Still waiting for that Sombra meta to trickle down to GM.
Heck, still waiting to see that Sombra meta at the world cup.

2 Likes

That just mean this Sombra was bad nothing more.

1 Like

If you think Sombra is a meme I recomend you check this thread:

Glad Im not the only one who thinks her gun is inconsistent. Ive basically sniped people well beyond her range and point blank shot S76 in the head and got a roughly 70% acc for it (first time I fired a bullet, including spawn). Theres something messing with her spread but I am unsure how to really prove it… suppose I could shoot the same robot in training 100 times per x distance :thinking:

Anyway in regards to OP - That Sombra evidently just isnt a good Sombra. Ive genuinely had people pairing up and hunting me when ive played Sombra. Ive also even had teammates that hated on me initially and then became my new best friend after the first round. Peoples attitudes are the biggest problem in this game.

The thing with new Sombra, theyve made her easier for bad players, no micromanagement required. Coming from someone who thought the changes were junk and didnt improve anything, I must admit I do enjoy now having the chance to hang around longer, its like a buff to her awful spread :joy: but it still wasnt something required. What its really done has given you a chance to think a moment longer about your engagement which as a result pays off loads.

In all seriousness though, ive climbed 280ish sr in the last few days as Sombra, she doesnt suck at all, but she could always be better but itll come at a cost for something else. That said, she will always need a team thats aware of her, she is not the solo char, I wont play her unless I have at least two friends on my team, 1 to shut up those that moan and flip out and two, to guarantee theres always someone around to take advantage of what I do.

Ultimately though, as said above, its peoples attitudes that are the worst. Everyone starts freaking the hell out when you pick certain chars and think your throwing but nah buddy, ive climbed near 300sr on one char, I know what I am doing and if I cant do it, ill be grabbing Tracer and getting the job done dammit.

1 Like

i have heard 2 players in a match that played me the match before where i was Sombra. They commented on how i was a good Sombra and they were yelling to their team to find and kill me before i could hack anyone.

I don’t use a mic so i had to solo Sombra and secure my kills. easy in silver if you play right

1 Like

Exactly! Can certainly happen, she may never be top tier (she may well end up being) but she can certainly run circles around mid and low tier if played right.

Its always a treat to match up against a great enemy Sombra. This happened to me a few days ago and is a match all remember fondly, we’ve since added each other to our friends list because we were just nightmares to each other and respective enemy teams. Hacks and emp’s going off consistently and so many stalls and ult shutdowns. It became a race of kill the Sombra as that was the only thing that would make significant headway. By the time the koth match eventually ended we were even getting those mythical good job messages from other players.

I think people are just instantly negative and if she got a damn QoL buff on making hacked targets as visible as a Zenny discord, just maybe, people might realise she is doing something but shes doing it in the backlines where your team isnt.

2 Likes

Well, some heroes can’t be buffed for different reasons. Bastion has to be really weak to not stomp out all low skill level players. Sombra has to be really weak without teamwork, so that the whole game doesn’t revolve around Sombra in tourneys. Sombra that is solid in your average pub will be S++ tier in organized play.

2 Likes

Did you see Custa’s stream last night ?

Sombra in 8/10 of those games.
People were asking him about it & he said “she’s absolutely meta”. He thinks Ana zen Sombra genji + dive tanks will end up meta.

He literally said “EMP is a lot more reliable than pulse bomb & it’s easier to play around Sombra’s hacks.”

You keep playing your quickplay dude. We’ll be over here playing the actual game.

Maybe you won’t get crushed by her, actually. Just because you’d need to make it out of gold to regularly come up against proper Sombra players.

No i’m watchin Fitzys stream. You know the guy who has like 800+ plus hours on Sombra. He is switching of her on a regular basis and plays Mei, Ana and Hammond.

Edit: Good that i checked your sources, youre a liar.
Looked at Custas stream. Literally first 4 games has no Sombra.
The 5th one has Sombra on Volskaya which is 2 CP which has always been in her favor.

Custa responded to a chat question why they are running Sombra over Tracer here, this was not in regards to justfying why he thinks shes meta.

In fact in regards to meta he calls it unexplored. Teams are just testing things, which makes it interesting.

1 Like

Basically your entire post boils down to - sh*tty weapon spread… she has to get so close to her targets it’s tricky unless she wiggles back and forth. Outside of that she is fine and still very capable. This is more of a veiled “Want Old Sombra” posts…

Oooh, rank shaming, big talk from someone who’s barely plat with a Sombra winrate of 44%. What a tough guy.

Hack being interrupted by damage stops her from being an effective counter to the heroes shes supposed to.

Tracer/doomfist/genji.

They should fear sombra and switch off when she’s around but instead tracer just shoots you once and laughs at you. Blinks out of your hack when she can’t and other wise just does a better job at being a dps hero as well.

Genji can just dash into you or away from you, put your hack on cooldown and proceed to own your face.

Doomfist is probably one of the few heroes you can hack effectively although there are plenty of times where a simple shot from his limited count will stop you.

Meanwhile you have one of the worst spreads on a gun in the game with mediocre dps. Mercy’s pistol would be a huge upgrade for her kit… seriously.

2 Likes

Really it’s the bug where hack cancels with movement abilities that are the issue. It does take much more effort to hack a tracer then it does to escape a hack with tracer.

Geez i think you’re describing a match I was in. Guy wouldn’t swap off sombra. Enemy team could not be swapped and this sombra just kept hacking people when it wasn’t helfpul.

You’re missing the part where he says “this is a great comp, in fact I think this is going to be meta, Ana zen genji Sombra + full dive.”

As of this week, Sombra’s pickrate in GM is higher than junk soldier mei torb sym bastion.

WHY ARE YOU SO OBSESSED WITH SAYING SHE’S BAD? You don’t even play her!!! It’s so crazy, man. Honestly.

Lol this is my alt & yes in plat Sombras start to get good. In diamond they start to get really good.

It’s a fact that she’s not tuned for all tiers, nor should she be.

It’s not rank shaming as much as it is pointing out her relative strength in different ELOs