New patch, new frame drops

Ever since the new patch came through the game is unplayable. Fps is dropping like crazy

1 Like

Same… getting large stutters and frame skipping.

2 Likes

The game is just causing my pc to freeze completely after this update

2 Likes

and the funny thing is, other games, heavier games, run just fine. The problem is just OW

These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:

Also here are advanced tips I have written in Overwatch’s Tech Support forum that maximize your FPS performance in the game.

1 Like

But how is this a problem with the driver if the other games are all ok? Witcher 3 and others are running so good. Plus, all began with the new patch. Sometimes the game is dropping to 5 or 2 fps

How certain drivers or specific pieces of hardware affect each game will always vary. These steps are good “catchall” solutions that are likely to fix your issues with Overwatch.

I was just about to start a new thread about this. Maybe it´s worth mentioning that my VRAM usage increased from about 80% on average to 95-100% most of the time since the event update. The day before release I helped a fellow laptop user who has an even weaker one than me tweak his settings to have constant 60FPS but while it´s still working for him I suffer from both frameskip and FPS constantly between 40-50 ever since Retribution came out.

2 Likes

Same 10 fps drops all the way from 144fps every 10 seconds does not screm normal to me